Hmmm. I have the RX100 V and the RX10 III.  The thing that jumped out at me is that the addition of extra focal length has been at the expense of lens speed. I can't say that the RX100 VI would make me replace the V as a result. 

Pre-order at WEX in UK at £1,149 inc VAT

Allan

Edit: But what can one say about superzoom lenses. Wait to see results from regular photographers.

ITMA

The original zoomed to 100 and I like it. There were times I needed more reach. But often I could zoom with my feet.  I think it would be nice to have alongside my RX100-3. Horses for courses, but this last horse is too expensive. If one thinks in terms of buying a fine lens, and a lot of people spend the money...(it’s all about the glass, they say) then if you are already shooting with one of the RXs, and think of the V1 like you would a new lens, then it seems a bit more plausible. A camera “set”. Some buy a second camera for backup or to have a wide angle lens on one and a tele on the other camera so they don’t have to change lenses on the fly. This would rather be similar.

V1 for good light, nature, animals, zooming in situations when you can’t get close, then your other for low light and what you’ve already been using it for.

I’d like that.

At a lot less weight than most two camera sets.

Betty

11 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

The original zoomed to 100 and I like it. There were times I needed more reach. But often I could zoom with my feet.  I think it would be nice to have alongside my RX100-3. Horses for courses, but this last horse is too expensive. If one thinks in terms of buying a fine lens, and a lot of people spend the money...(it’s all about the glass, they say) then if you are already shooting with one of the RXs, and think of the V1 like you would a new lens, then it seems a bit more plausible. A camera “set”. Some buy a second camera for backup or to have a wide angle lens on one and a tele on the other camera so they don’t have to change lenses on the fly. This would rather be similar.

V1 for good light, nature, animals, zooming in situations when you can’t get close, then your other for low light and what you’ve already been using it for.

I’d like that.

At a lot less weight than most two camera sets.

Betty

Agree but I wonder about the quality of the image from the "superzoom" at the long end.

Now if it had been a 70 -200 (equiv) I would have said yes to it being a good second camera.

It would have tied in nicely with the Mk3.

Probably the only cameras anyone would need to shoot for Alamy. Indeed possibly at all.

Allan

Archived