How long for payments to clear?

I had a newspaper sale also on that date and I notified contributor services last week. They thanked me for the heads up and said they were turning it over to their credit control team.

Paulette

3 minutes ago, David Pimborough said:

I waited for 8 months on an image used by Conde Nast magazine.

I emailed contributor support and it eventaully got paid a month or so later.

I really don't know if Alamy just take usage on trust expecting the customer to report it to them but I do think they should institute a better system for this kind of thing.

like pay when downloaded and then on client to report it if NOT used for a refund?

16 minutes ago, MandyD said:

like pay when downloaded and then on client to report it if NOT used for a refund?

No, businesses have to be allowed to pay on account. With the exception of PU and prints, Alamy isn't a retailer.

20 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

No, businesses have to be allowed to pay on account. With the exception of PU and prints, Alamy isn't a retailer.

but there should be some record of what they downloaded, no? why isn't this tracked and added directly to their account?

Many bigger clients self-report. If they miss one, Alamy can trace a particular download if you spot it yourself. Alamy have compliance systems, but they're obviously not going to publicise how they work.

1 minute ago, spacecadet said:

Many bigger clients self-report. If they miss one, Alamy can trace a particular download if you spot it yourself. Alamy have compliance systems, but they're obviously not going to publicise how they work.

seems backwards to me...why you wouldn't put controls on your product...they lose money too.

1 hour ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

No, but some do get missed, make a note on your spreadsheet for 4 months after the date you took it, if it hasn't been reported drop Corin or Shelley an email

It was reported on December 22nd, just not cleared yet.

3 hours ago, MandyD said:

but there should be some record of what they downloaded, no? why isn't this tracked and added directly to their account?

News images aren’t downloaded. They are sent to news desks. Then the newspapers decide if they want to use any as far as I understand the process.

5 minutes ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

Again note that down in your spreadsheet, The Sun usually report and pay after 12 weeks (6 week split), if they haven't after the 12 weeks let alamy know.

I copy and paste the info from the sales report in AIM so they know exactly what image you are talking about, they will then look into it and probably include it in the next pay run.

Ok, thanks, I will do that.

Well, Alamy got working on it and not only has the payment from December cleared, those for January, February and March have cleared too. A nice big payment next month.

A few months is not exceptional!

if you think about it, a client downloads an image and uses it... confirms usage 3 months later, the distributor confirms the sale to Alamy another 3 months later and they get (sometimes) months to pay the bill... At least 3 to 6 months, in my experience sometimes up to 7-8 months after usage???

Still don’t understand why Alamy doesn’t allow downloading watermarked images and only fuml size image w/o watermark on sale???

3 hours ago, Michael_Jacobs said:

A few months is not exceptional!

if you think about it, a client downloads an image and uses it... confirms usage 3 months later, the distributor confirms the sale to Alamy another 3 months later and they get (sometimes) months to pay the bill... At least 3 to 6 months, in my experience sometimes up to 7-8 months after usage???

Still don’t understand why Alamy doesn’t allow downloading watermarked images and only fuml size image w/o watermark on sale???

These were Live News images used by The Sun, not normal stock images.

On 14/05/2018 at 22:17, LawrensonPhoto said:

One thing I do know after submitting over a 1000 live news images since October is that tracking usages is part of the deal of doing live news, unless you don't want to get paid for all of your hard work!

Excuse if this is a silly question but how do you track usage - Google search your name?

Archived