How was your August?

drag the thumbnail into the GoogleImages search

www.images.google.com

km

Thanks! Today I checked my views and zooms and found there were a couple of fresh ones. Tried to google the thumbnails and one of them led me to a website, and here you go my photo! 

Now the questions are:

- How do I know if it was dowloaded from Alamy in the past 1-2 days and is not coming from another website?

- If is an Alamy unreported sale, should I contact Service and let them know? Nothing is showing under Net Revenue...

please advise!

Ciao,

V.

Today I checked my views and zooms and found there were a couple of fresh ones. Tried to google the thumbnails and one of them led me to a website, and here you go my photo! 

Now the questions are:

- How do I know if it was dowloaded from Alamy in the past 1-2 days and is not coming from another website?

- If is an Alamy unreported sale, should I contact Service and let them know? Nothing is showing under Net Revenue...

please advise!

Ciao,

V.

As I understand it, clients have 3 months in which to pay, so you should keep a record of the sale (download the web page) but wait 3 months before considering chasing with Alamy.

Thanks, Bryan.

I actually found another zoomed one on a Brazilian webpage....

The thing is there is no way about when and from which agency were downloaded the photos...both of them were already downloaded in the past from other websites.

Another thing, the client has 3 months in which to pay, but shouldn't sales be reported under Net Revenue>Date of Invoice?

Please advise, if you know more...thanks!

Thanks, Bryan.

I actually found another zoomed one on a Brazilian webpage....

The thing is there is no way about when and from which agency were downloaded the photos...both of them were already downloaded in the past from other websites.

Another thing, the client has 3 months in which to pay, but shouldn't sales be reported under Net Revenue>Date of Invoice?

Please advise, if you know more...thanks!

Hope that I am not giving you misinformation here, but, in my experience, you receive no record of the sale until the client pays, when you are told the period of use.

You do get a sale reported before they pay --- hence the sometimes long waits for funds to clear -- especially from distributors. I know with the newspapers it can be several months before the sale is reported because they have a subscription and report the specific images a while after they use them.

Paulette

thank you, fellows... Paulette, you mean the Date of Invoice can take a while to show or the actual sale under Summary of images sold?

My apols, Paulette is correct - they do report before they pay, but there is a variable duration wait before the sale is reported (in my case from no delay to 3 months).  Looking at my last 4 sales the date of invoice is the same as the date reported under the Summary of images sold.

thank you, fellows... Paulette, you mean the Date of Invoice can take a while to show or the actual sale under Summary of images sold?

I'm not sure what you mean. I look under Summary of Images Sold. An image that sold to a newspaper was not showing up at all for many months. I knew it had sold because I found it by Googling My Name/Alamy. I eventually emailed member services. From what they said it would have eventually shown up even if I hadn't contacted them -- but who knows. I recently had a couple of nice sales for books and they seemed to be reported promptly and were in my Summary of Images Sold but it took a while for the money to appear in my Balance of Account. So I knew I had the sales before the money actually came in.

Paulette

As it is a hugely time-consuming site to work with, I will not abandon uploading new work, 

That's because the key wording sections and software is archaic. It is ergonomically just about the worst one I have ever seen. The spell checker is rubbish too. Makes for very long and drawn out sessions when key wording.

GM

Archived