Numbers do not add up.

Hello:

Under AIM, I have 430 images for sale. Yet, if I query my portfolio, it shows 274 images.   If I call my portfolio logged through a buyers account, I get 214 photos.  So I wonder how long it takes for all  indexes to synchronize and if their is a way to query besides AIM to get a full list of all my images on sale.  From the tests that I did so far, it takes about a week once an image is available for sale for it to show up in my queries.  Is this normal?  I decided to use only one pseudo and applied the same one to all my photos yesterday.  So far, no change in the numbers.   Also, I noticed that all my images are displayed at being 68.7 MB in size, which is way more that the size I uploaded. Alamy somehow decompress the files? 

**and to add to the mystery, I just noticed that on my profile here it says I have 340 images.

10 hours ago, GS-Images said:

I know you're new but try not to worry so much about what numbers show up where. If you've uploaded images, they pass QC and you have tagged/captioned them, they will be on sale within 24 hours. There are different parts of Alamy's system that update at different times, and sometimes that confuses people. It isn't an issue though in most cases and not worth your time trying to work it all out.

Geoff.

I am just trying to understand.  The number of images on my profile in this forum is now showing 417 images. I clicked on the link, on the resulting page, it says  and displays 335 images.  But hey, I will continue to load and will wait a few days before I put more on sale - until I can pull out all the ones that should appear- An other odd behavior I noticed and that persists, I am in Canada and when I open a photo from m contributor account, prices are displayed in pounds. Same if I  do it from another device & browser. I created a buyer account and from that account prices are displayed in canadian $ as they should.  I exchanged emails with support about that. Not exactly a problem for me as i do not intend to buy photos  but there are a few odd things happening and the system is a bit confused too. As you say, not worth spending too much time on this, but the 24 hour seems more like a weekly affair. Internet service is notoriously slow in Canada and we are known to be polite and patient :  -)    

4 hours ago, klod said:

I am just trying to understand.  The number of images on my profile in this forum is now showing 417 images. I clicked on the link, on the resulting page, it says  and displays 335 images.  But hey, I will continue to load and will wait a few days before I put more on sale - until I can pull out all the ones that should appear- An other odd behavior I noticed and that persists, I am in Canada and when I open a photo from m contributor account, prices are displayed in pounds. Same if I  do it from another device & browser. I created a buyer account and from that account prices are displayed in canadian $ as they should.  I exchanged emails with support about that. Not exactly a problem for me as i do not intend to buy photos  but there are a few odd things happening and the system is a bit confused too. As you say, not worth spending too much time on this, but the 24 hour seems more like a weekly affair. Internet service is notoriously slow in Canada and we are known to be polite and patient :  -)    

Try logging out of the forum, and then log back in to see if the number of images shown below your avatar updates.

I also noticed this once and concluded for myself that this is nothing to worry about. 

Don't think anyone gives general notice to the figures to the final digit, let alone counting them. 

Best is probably to let contributor services know, so they can fix the issue at some point in time.  

I have this same problem klod and spent some time going through all my images on image manager checking those passed/failed QC/failed due to upload tech probelms/deleted etc etc and still they would not add up.

Contacted Alamy CS and from the reply I got could still not find the missing images so I let it go as I do not think it will ever add up.

Allan

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2018 at 04:04, hdh said:

I also noticed this once and concluded for myself that this is nothing to worry about. 

Don't think anyone gives general notice to the figures to the final digit, let alone counting them. 

Best is probably to let contributor services know, so they can fix the issue at some point in time.  

On 3/28/2018 at 06:03, Allan Bell said:

I have this same problem klod and spent some time going through all my images on image manager checking those passed/failed QC/failed due to upload tech probelms/deleted etc etc and still they would not add up.

Contacted Alamy CS and from the reply I got could still not find the missing images so I let it go as I do not think it will ever add up.

Allan

I guess patience pays off.  I can pull 500 and a few more photos, depending on the link I use.  It seems to take a good week for all the counters to synchronized and report the same numbers. Instead of checking my numbers, I will spend time on stats of images that Alamy sold and keywords used by buyers....

2 hours ago, klod said:

I guess patience pays off.  I can pull 500 and a few more photos, depending on the link I use.  It seems to take a good week for all the counters to synchronized and report the same numbers. Instead of checking my numbers, I will spend time on stats of images that Alamy sold and keywords used by buyers....

:)

Allan

Archived