Jump to content

Daily sales reporting


Recommended Posts

I'm just wondering about the frequency of sales during the day. I can't ever remember getting a sale come through in the morning and then again in the afternoon. Is it a once a day addition or can sales get reported as and when they arrive at Alamy? The thought just crossed my mind that's all. :unsure:

Edited by Sultanpepa
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you use Net Revenue set to "date of invoice" you will get sales reported in real time but looking at it becomes a bit addictive!!  Make sure you set the correct date range too.

 

Pearl

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Pearl said:

If you use Net Revenue set to "date of invoice" you will get sales reported in real time but looking at it becomes a bit addictive!!  Make sure you set the correct date range too.

 

Pearl

 

Yes that's what I do Pearl. By real time I guess you mean I could get two or three sales coming in at various times in the day then. I just can't recall that ever happening to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GS-Images said:

I once chased up an unreported sale (once clearing it with Alamy) and as it was one of the first I chased myself, I sent them a link to the image on Alamy rather than invoicing them. I knew when they'd made the purchase as they emailed several times as they did it, and I did see the sale appear straight away (using the "download sales report" screen of course).

 

Also on the last day of a month I often get more than one batch of sales come through at different times.

 

Geoff.

 

That answers the question then, thanks. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Sultanpepa said:

 

Yes that's what I do Pearl. By real time I guess you mean I could get two or three sales coming in at various times in the day then. I just can't recall that ever happening to me.

Yes they can come through at different times of the day which is why it can be addictive.

 

Pearl

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Pearl said:

Yes they can come through at different times of the day which is why it can be addictive.

 

 

Years ago, I wrote a little server for my computer that received a message from my website every time an order came in, and I set it to play a sound clip of the House of Commons Speaker saying "Order, order". I found that it got so addictive that I couldn't get up from my desk to do something else in case I missed the sound.

 

Alan

  • Love 4
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Inchiquin said:

 

Years ago, I wrote a little server for my computer that received a message from my website every time an order came in, and I set it to play a sound clip of the House of Commons Speaker saying "Order, order". I found that it got so addictive that I couldn't get up from my desk to do something else in case I missed the sound.

 

Alan

 

lol. I like that. Hear hear hear Order Order :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Pearl said:

Yes they can come through at different times of the day which is why it can be addictive.

 

Pearl

 

That one time you have a sale makes up for the hundred times I check and there's nothing. Well in my case anyway. Still amazes me someone wants to buy my pictures I think. :) Sold one today that I shot in the conservatory.

Edited by Sultanpepa
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, RedSnapper said:

Sales come in throughout the day......from about 7.30am to about 6pm ish......on weekdays. Weekend sales are much less frequent

 

 

km

 

 

I have had them from before 6 am to about 10 pm so I can't even relax in the evening!

 

Pearl 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.