Number of photos shown on "My Alamy Homepage"

I think the layout and formatting of the My Alamy Homepage is embarrassing, nothing I would want to share. The look of the images when you click on forums member Images: is much nicer. IMHO

David L. Moore

You mean something like this:

Wim Wiskerke.

And: Wiskerke.

This is how Alamy does it. Those links pop up in AoA from time to time. There it looks like this: Lorenklein/f:pseudonym.

So here you go:

Martin Witte

Paulette Sinclair

It's by pseudonym only. No control about what comes first.

And because it's by pseudo, other people with the same pseudo or your own images with agencies on Alamy, will show along the ones you do want to share.

dlmphotog is a good example:

David Moore

His blue number is 27370  but my link yields 31,240 images.

wim

Wim,

Thank you for the syntax of /f:pseudonym, very helpful and it looks much better than the My Alamy Homepage.

The 27,370 reflects my true number of images as there is another David Moore in Australia. Using David L. Moore/f:pseudonym only shows  26,776 weird...

Thanks again,

David L. Moore

4 minutes ago, dlmphotog said:

Wim,

Thank you for the syntax of /f:pseudonym, very helpful and it looks much better than the My Alamy Homepage.

The 27,370 reflects my true number of images as there is another David Moore in Australia. Using David L. Moore/f:pseudonym only shows  26,776 weird...

Thanks again,

David L. Moore

You're welcome!

I just spotted this other really weird search in AoA:

pseudo:stockimo or contributor:(snapwire or foap or memento or "room the agency mobile")

Which led me to believe that contributor:wim wiskerke should work also. Not the case however it does work with agencies.

And that: pseudo:stockimo is weirder still, because pseudo:wiskerke again will not work at all.

Weirdest of all: that term was searched by 16 UCO in the rolling month.

(UCO = Unique Customer Occurrence. The UCO is the number of unique customers who have used that search term. )

wim

Thanks for your replys.

Your thoughts about the poor design of my Alamy Homepage are completely right, but if you implement alamy's search engine in your webiste, this is the design you get.

Rgds,

Martin

21 hours ago, wiskerke said:

You mean something like this:

Wim Wiskerke.

And: Wiskerke.

This is how Alamy does it. Those links pop up in AoA from time to time. There it looks like this: Lorenklein/f:pseudonym.

So here you go:

Martin Witte

Paulette Sinclair

It's by pseudonym only. No control about what comes first.

And because it's by pseudo, other people with the same pseudo or your own images with agencies on Alamy, will show along the ones you do want to share.

dlmphotog is a good example:

David Moore

His blue number is 27370  but my link yields 31,240 images.

wim

The first page of mine favors my Stockimo and News images although I haven't sold any. There are three images that I have sold on that page. At some point on the second page the order starts to be my most recent first just like you get when you click on my blue number here. I don't know where the extra number of images comes from. Perhaps I'll scroll through some time.

Paulette

The problem with Wim's syntax - which is great for showing your portfolio - is that if you do a search from there, it is for the whole of Alamy

If someone does a search from your homepage, they only get results from your portfolio.

3 hours ago, Phil Robinson said:

The problem with Wim's syntax - which is great for showing your portfolio - is that if you do a search from there, it is for the whole of Alamy

If someone does a search from your homepage, they only get results from your portfolio.

Yes, you're right.

However that was not the OP's question:

> I'm using My Alamy Homepage to browse through my uploads.

> There are 15 photos showns on one page, is there any possibility of changing the number of pictures / page?

Besides I wouldn't want to claim it, it's the way Alamy showcases one's portfolio on the new photographers of the month page. (Or something like that.)

wim

4 hours ago, NYCat said:

The first page of mine favors my Stockimo and News images although I haven't sold any. There are three images that I have sold on that page. At some point on the second page the order starts to be my most recent first just like you get when you click on my blue number here. I don't know where the extra number of images comes from. Perhaps I'll scroll through some time.

Paulette

Mine is a funny jumble too. Could it be they're Creative?

wim

edit: I should have tested this first, because I can hit the Creative tab on that page. Which reveals I have 14 images in total that the tab thinks are Creative. And they're different from the first jumbled part.

I like the results much better when I hit Creative. The first page includes more that I have sold or that have been zoomed. I guess they are succeeding in giving some individual images a rank.

Paulette

Archived