I recently sold a couple of images, one used by The Guardian newspaper (7th Feb), and The Times newspaper (9th Feb), and the other image used by The Guardian on 8th Feb, but none of these sales are showing up in my sales history.

I have noted that other photographers appear to have their sales history updated immediately, so I'm wondering why nothing has showed up on mine.

Anyone have any idea what is going on?

Newspapers (and other buyers) usually bunch up reports and then payments, so it can take weeks to months before reporting, then weeks to months before paying.

Generally I contact Support if no report after three months, or payment after three months of reporting. (at the moment, my furthest back reported/not paid file is 24 Oct, so I guess I should chase that one up ...)

9 hours ago, Marco McGinty said:

I recently sold a couple of images, one used by The Guardian newspaper (7th Feb), and The Times newspaper (9th Feb), and the other image used by The Guardian on 8th Feb, but none of these sales are showing up in my sales history.

I have noted that other photographers appear to have their sales history updated immediately, so I'm wondering why nothing has showed up on mine.

Anyone have any idea what is going on?

Make a note of the Alamy ref number of the images sold, and get a screen grab if online, then, after 3 or 4 months if they still haven't been reported, contact member services.

John.

12 hours ago, Marco McGinty said:

Many thanks to all who responded.

Waiting for payment I can understand (but disagree with), but I just assumed that when an image was purchased, it would immediately show up in the sales history.

Obviously, I was wrong!

Many of them do,  but not for newspaper groups. That’s partly why we have a monthly thread spotting used images so that contributors can be sure to chase them up if they don’t come through as purchases.

Archived