is this alamy measures right?

hi,

sorry for title actually i could not find better one.

i am editing many photos of Pamukkale, Turkey. It is a unesco heritage site and a world wide touristic place. i searched alamy measures about Pamukkale and the results are within past year 1 sale, 23 zoom and 5676 views. there are 8439 files online in alamy when i search Pamukkale.

8439 files and 1 sale, for a unesco world heritage site. i am hesitant to edit and upload more.

am i right for the statics?

by the way i am aware of some statistics do not count in alamy measures. but i dont think they are way too many to consider.

There are two sales shown in the past year as there is one for Pamukkale and another for Pamukkale, Turkey.  As you surmise, not all sales show up in All of Alamy measures as it only shows sales linked to specific zooms. Other contributors may have varying experience, but I find very few of such sales as I have are linked directly to a zoom - maybe 1 in 8. So it is quite likely that there are noticeably more sales of this subject than you can see here.

Having said that, there is of course a lot of competition with over 8000 images of the same location,  but you are not likely to find a popular subject with little competition nowadays - the market is saturated.  However, if your images are exceptionally good (or you make sure you chose only your best) and/or are able to give a slightly different viewpoint on a familiar subject you can still sell. Make sure you caption and keyword accurately, comprehensively yet concisely, to give yourself the best chance of getting ahead of the crowd.

4 hours ago, poseidon said:

hi,

sorry for title actually i could not find better one.

i am editing many photos of Pamukkale, Turkey. It is a unesco heritage site and a world wide touristic place. i searched alamy measures about Pamukkale and the results are within past year 1 sale, 23 zoom and 5676 views. there are 8439 files online in alamy when i search Pamukkale.

8439 files and 1 sale, for a unesco world heritage site. i am hesitant to edit and upload more.

am i right for the statics?

by the way i am aware of some statistics do not count in alamy measures. but i dont think they are way too many to consider.

Much more important than zooms is how many times was it searched for in various forms.  There are 15 recorded searches with Pamukkale in the search term.  Two recorded sales and 31 zooms.  Since most of my sales aren't zoomed, then it certainly is a viable subject.  This can be where your rank is very important as you want to be on the first few pages so your images are seen.

Jill

You shouldn't be hesitant because there are already lots on Alamy. You should only be hesitant if your photos are inferior to what's already there. If you can offer something that is different to all the rest then keyword and upload. There is an interesting thread on photos of oversaturated subjects that have sold. Ian put up a photo of Sydney Opera house that sold that is nothing special, yet different from the normal eye popping blue skies fare. 

3 hours ago, poseidon said:

the thing is i expect more sales for a unesco World heritage site in Alamy. more than one or more than ten.

it feels like nobody want a Pamukkale photo in Alamy. this is a major touristic place.

Maybe have a look what clients are looking for in Turkey. In AoA search for %turkey%. Include at least the first % - it's a database thing.

Obviously ignore the roasted fowl.

wim

Archived