News Images sent to QC

1 hour ago, Bryan said:

If your shots  have been deemed newsworthy and appeared as Live News, I suspect an admin error has redirected them.

The one time that my Live News shot was deemed un live news worthy it never made it to the live news stream, but went straight to QC (and passed).

Have to say that it deterred me from uploading Live News shots for a while. The criteria are insufficiently clear. For example I recently took some shots of a Xmas market, but decided that, as the market went on for some time, they might not be eligible, and I decided not to go down that route. Doubt and procrastination rule....

On reflection it might be better if the live news team were merely to reject the images ( rather than send to QC)  they feel are not relevant and send an e-mail to that effect, the contributor could then decide whether or not to upload by the normal means. 

My latest Live News upload was accepted, which is just as well as I probably would not have uploaded via the normal route - focus just not quite on the main subject.

But after the images appear in live news aren't they shipped to regular stock?

Do they need to go through QC then?

Allan

11 hours ago, funkyworm said:

It can be frustrating. In the end its a matter of a opinion what is news and what is not. I have had images removed as not newsworthy of subjects which was front page news here in Holland with images much the same as those of mine which were removed. I would, for example, send the great images you have of the hermit crab with the plastic bottle top shell to some of my news contacts in the secure knowledge that there would be a good chance it would appear in the papers in their weird world phenomenons pages. With Alamy I would be a bit more cautious to send such a shot to the news, especially if the wifi was dodgy.

Whilst frustrating, mostly I just shrug my shoulders and get on with the next job at hand... often these things have a ying/yang way of working themselves out. One lot of shots I went out of my way to supply Alamy news with didn't sell a jot through them, but have become multiple sellers elsewhere since.

Thank funkyworm, but now I'm not sure whether to send any more eruption images (assuming Mt Agung spits again). It's still making headlines around the world. Anyway, I'm going to contact CR and have the image deleted as I processed quickly on my laptop, and never as happy with the result as I am with the monitor on my PC.

5 hours ago, mickfly said:

@cbimages

May seem like an odd question, but was your file time/clock info correct on your laptop?

If the time/date is out they will be too old for the live news feed and will bypass.

Equally stupid question:

If one is say in Indonesia or New Zealand, would it be wise to set your clocks to London Time?

wim

16 hours ago, mickfly said:

@cbimages

May seem like an odd question, but was your file time/clock info correct on your laptop?

If the time/date is out they will be too old for the live news feed and will bypass.

Yes Mickfly, time & date correct for my time zone in Bali and I also noted in the caption what time the image was shot.

11 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Equally stupid question:

If one is say in Indonesia or New Zealand, would it be wise to set your clocks to London Time?

wim

Interesting thought Wim and not a stupid question at all. I always set my laptop when I change time zones, or return home. But always to the time zone I'm in. With my small eruption image, it coincided with a little "hiccup" in the seismogram.  Which I'm watching all the time as we are hoping not to get stranded in Bali next week when we're due to go home. We've already had our plans thrown into disarray after having to re-schedule our October trip due to Mt Agung activity and our hotel being in the danger area. Then finally being able to go when the danger level was downgraded but being evacuated due to the first major eruption after just 8 days of a month stay.

Archived