Alamy Contributor Meeting in Germany?

Picking up from the other thread, maybe there is interest for a German Alamy Contributor meeting. 

Vpics sugested somewhere in "Westliches Ruhrgebiet" which would also work well for me, coming from Cologne. 
One possible venue one sprang immediately to my mind: Landschaftspark Duisburg, as they will have a light installation and Christmas Market from Fri. Dec. 1st to Sun. Dec 3rd. 

(Sorry this is not Mülheim a.d. Ruhr) 

Probably there are other ideas for venues, please share. 

What do you think? 

NB: (I am happy to help organising) 

The Früh am Dom or Peters Brauhaus almost always suits me. 

These are the two best local brews available :) - but the Peters only from the cask, forget the bottles ;).

Just now, hdh said:

The Früh am Dom or Peters Brauhaus almost always suits me. 

These are the two best local brews available :) - but the Peters only from the cask, forget the bottles ;).

I'm very well acquainted with the stange and deprecate the recent tendency at some places to serve 0.3l so they can charge more for it. Although Germanwings used to serve bottles of Gaffel on the Stansted run, and near German prices too. That was OK. Draught would be a tough serve at 35000ft.

We've certainly done Reissdorf, Gaffel, Früh, Peters, Mühlen, Sünner and Sion- let me know if I've missed any.

We camp at Poll nowadays, so no limit on taking beer home, but we don't take Kölsch anymore- as you say, not in bottles, although one gets it quite far afield now. Certainly Aachen- nearly 40 miles!. One festival here even tried to serve Gaffel without the gas pump on top of the keg- awful.

Er hätt noch immer jot jejange.

6 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

I'm very well acquainted with the stange and deprecate the recent tendency at some places to serve 0.3l so they can charge more for it. Although Germanwings used to serve bottles of Gaffel on the Stansted run, and near German prices too. That was OK. Draught would be a tough serve at 35000ft.

We've certainly done Reissdorf, Gaffel, Früh, Peters, Mühlen, Sünner and Sion- let me know if I've missed any.

We camp at Poll nowadays, so no limit on taking beer home, but we don't take Kölsch anymore- as you say, not in bottles, although one gets it quite far afield now. Certainly Aachen- nearly 40 miles!. One festival here even tried to serve Gaffel without the gas pump on top of the keg- awful.

Er hätt noch immer jot jejange.

when it comes to local beers in cologne, there are too many to list in a post (but you can have a peek here: http://www.koelschfuehrer.de/koelner-bier/alle-koelsch-marken.html

Mühlen, Früh and Peters Kölsch are under my favourites, I mostly try to stay away from the others. 

But this is purely down to kind of a religion - likewise Nikon, Canon, ..... ;)

Instead of (or in addition to) next year September, can you also do December in Duisburg?  

Ah, I'd forgotten Küppers,  Dom and Päffgen, but I'd no idea there were so many!

It has to be September for us, to fit in with some weinfests on the Mosel. Riesling is our main thing these days. It's the best. I used to have a writing commission for the trade press but we still go to Köln in Photokina years, even though I haven't been to the show since 2010.

5 hours ago, hdh said:

when it comes to local beers in cologne, there are too many to list in a post (but you can have a peek here: http://www.koelschfuehrer.de/koelner-bier/alle-koelsch-marken.html

Good to see Sion still on the list. That was my favourite when I lived in Köln in the 80s.

Alan

Archived