I just wondered what people make of this?

Has this at a stroke stopped French advertising agencies buying images of people from stock agencies for commercial use as they cannot be sure whether the person has been photoshopped.. even if just to slightly improve the complexion of the skin?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-41443027

There must be a due diligence defence. Anyway, it doesn't cover cosmetic alterations.

I agree with your point though, specific laws against freedom of expression ( and that's what it looks like, however well intentioned) are always a bit messy.

Actually the thread now reminded me that with the old image manger there used to be a flag that enabled to mark a photo as being "Digitally Altered". 

Did this now disappear or is it somehow hidden from my view? 

2 hours ago, hdh said:

Actually the thread now reminded me that with the old image manger there used to be a flag that enabled to mark a photo as being "Digitally Altered". 

Did this now disappear or is it somehow hidden from my view? 

This was recently asked (and answered) in another thread. No, there is now no longer the option to mark a photo as digitally altered or otherwise.  

39 minutes ago, losdemas said:

This was recently asked (and answered) in another thread. No, there is now no longer the option to mark a photo as digitally altered or otherwise.  

Now that may kill some French sales. A buyer won't be able to find out if there is alteration so he won't bother. Gerard, I think Alamy may strip the editing tags from the EXIF.

Archived