raw files sony rx100 m3

Hi, I hope someone can help me. I have just purchased a Sony Rx100 m3 and tried to download my first images to Lightroom 4, but it says it does not recognise the format. How can I download the Raw files and edit in lightroom 4? Many thanks

1 minute ago, NYCat said:

You might have to update your Lightroom. The camera is new so needs newer Lightroom version.

Paulette

+1

Allan

Thanks Jill, unfortunately as mentioned above a DNG will not work with Lightroom 4.  I have downloaded a free trial of CC and will play around with that, but of course will inevitably have to take the plunge with something in a week, when the trial is up. 

DNG files do work with LR4. I always convert all the raw files (nikon, fuji, sony) to DNGs. I've been doing that for a long time. I had no problems with LR4. (But now I use LR6.)

33 minutes ago, SFL said:

DNG files do work with LR4. I always convert all the raw files (nikon, fuji, sony) to DNGs. I've been doing that for a long time. I had no problems with LR4. (But now I use LR6.)

+1

LR4 can load DNG files. Go to Adobe.com and download the latest Adobe DNG converter from here (Mac) or here (Windows). Then batch convert your Sony RAW files to create DNG format files and then import them into LR.

Mark

Archived