Honestly, I'm not trying to be depressing, but look at the images on the home page of my local National Public Radio show, WNYC:  http://www.wnyc.org

They are the lowest quality in both tech and seeing, total junk and obviously taken on cell phones and gathered free from crowdsourcing. This is NOT where editorial photography is going . . . it's where most of it is today. 

Ed (not smiling like in my foto)

It's worse: the photo of the mourners was taken by the lass who wrote the article . . . one of their reporters. So not even "free/crowdsoured" as an excuse.

dd

I searched Yuri Arcurs and got seven images only

You need to do an 'advanced search': 1000,000+ pix...

As when any contributor terminates a contract, there is a 45 day time period before images are taken offline.

The phrase for this type of situation is 'watch this space'.

Cheers

Alamy

• 1 month later...

I searched Yuri Arcurs and got seven images only

You need to do an 'advanced search': 1000,000+ pix...

As when any contributor terminates a contract, there is a 45 day time period before images are taken offline.

The phrase for this type of situation is 'watch this space'.

Cheers

Alamy

"Yuri Acurs" on Alamy . . . 61,239 Results. Those bloody interns still don't seem to have caught up with his "iS/getty exclusive" announcement . . . or have I missed something?

dd

The issue here is not with Yuri or his staff...the issue is everything that's wrong with this business model at the moment - Yuri has submitted to so many different agents, and those agents have submitted to so many sub-agents that he can't keep track of what is what or who has control of his images.

Looking at the images left on Alamy, they are represented by Tetra Images and INSADCO Photography.  Tetra has not pulled their images licensed through Yuri at Alamy and INSADCO has not done the same.  In fact, I'm not even sure INSADCO is still around anymore - they were solicting contributors back in 2005 and I can't find a current website for them (their former website doesn't work anymore - maybe they were bought out by someone?).

He may very well have asked his images to be taken down from both agencies....and they haven't followed through.

INSADCO still sends me the odd diminishing paycheck now and then.  He (this operator) is the reason I find my old images (listed as owned by INSADCO, not me) on so many sites, I can't keep track.  Never again.

Yuri still has photos on several microstock sites.  He has 82,000 photos on mostphotos.com.  Don't know why he is the only person that is allowed to be exclusive with istock when he isn't exclusive?  They must of wanted him so badly that they didn't mind buyers paying a lot for an exclusive photo that is available much cheaper on several other sites.  I don't think it does the Getty/istock reputation any good but that never seems to bother them.  Can't really blame Yuri, it looks like he has been made an offer he can't refuse.

35K on Dreamstime.... he has gotten an in house deal at Istock, and pissed off a lot of contributors. But then again, everyone is making these deals. Getty/Istock kicked out  their top selling Exclusive contributor and he brokered a deal with Depositphotos where his images only can be downloaded with credits, not subs. All these top shooters broker their own deals. Its not for us work-ants to get any sweet deals. And all these top shooters amongst themselves are calling the kettle black. 

Archived