I am new. I added some new images of a couple walking.  I have and uploaded model releases.  Shots are unposed and the subjects talked to a lady on the trail. I did not show released on these because I did not have releases for the lady. Some had extra people in the background.  I did not show any release on these because there are not releases for all the people in the background.  So at this point, I have some images with and some without releases.  Some for all usage and some for editorial only. Now Property.  I have no property release.  They were shot in a park with only visible are trees, grass and asphalt trail.  I said no to property.  Is that correct?  Have a look, search for Gary Culley and you'll see.  The most distinguishing element is a sign post in some images, should I remove those.  I name the park in the captions, should I not do that?  BTW I'm in the US, Memphis.  Should I only offer as editorial?  

The things that you have learned from experience is very much appreciated in guiding me.  Is the thought process correct or do I need to adjust it? 

As long as you make your unreleased images RM, you don't need releases. You can also make them RF if you prefer, as long you check the "editorial use only" box in the Alamy Image Manager.

BTW, it's not a good idea to upload so many similar images. It's better choose a few from each shoot that you think are the best and upload them only.

Also, this really isn't a QC or technical query. "Ask the forum" might have been a more appropriate place to post it.

Good luck

John has answered correctly and given good advice with regard to similars. The number of similars you have on Alamy will adversely affect your ranking eventually and lose you possible sales.

Allan

You should always check if any conditions are attached to locations you use for photography. A couple of minutes on the Shelby Farms Park website reveals that permission is required for commercial shooting. Since you are getting model releases for your principal subjects, it implies you are intending to make the images available for commercial use. 

Some authorities who manage locations like this also try to restrict images taken on their sites which are intended for editorial use - we have issues like this with the National Trust in the UK who manage many of our historic houses and land areas.

In truth, it seems there are ever more places where freely shooting commercial images is not possible without permission (often involving a fee). If you want to avoid potential future problems you should take steps to be aware of what requirements are imposed by those who own or manage such locations. 

Input is welcome and appreciated.  Cut back on similars.  Will do.  Some of the images have blurred green backgrounds.  If I held back on identifying the location...park name, no one would ever know.........except my new Alamy friends.  Do you use names of parks and such on your images?  OR is that not a good way to operate as a stock shooter?  Seems that names may be helpful for editorial but pointless for an insurance company promoting their latest policy features.

Input is welcome and appreciated.  Cut back on similars.  Will do.  Some of the images have blurred green backgrounds.  If I held back on identifying the location...park name, no one would ever know.........except my new Alamy friends.  Do you use names of parks and such on your images?  OR is that not a good way to operate as a stock shooter?  Seems that names may be helpful for editorial but pointless for an insurance company promoting their latest policy features.

The people who run the park may well be able to recognise their property/location if they see it used in an image somewhere, even if the caption doesn't mention it. 

Buyers for both commercial and editorial uses may look for specific locations so I always provide the location detail where possible.

The people who run the park may well be able to recognise their property/location if they see it used in an image somewhere, even if the caption doesn't mention it. 

Buyers for both commercial and editorial uses may look for specific locations so I always provide the location detail where possible.

That garden could very well be or become a client.

And may well be very happy that released images exist.

wim

Archived