XT2 or XT20?

Unless the 124 gram weight difference is important to you, the only reason I can see for choosing the X-t20 is the $700 difference in price.

I agree. I've been using the X-T2 since January. It has been a fantastic experience so far. I've always used Nikons, so I needed a bit of time to get used to it, and I'm still learning a few of its features. The beauty of it is that I take it everywhere with me, so I'm photographing much more now. The Nikon has not seem the daylight since then...

X-T2

Weather sealed, better VF, faster buffer, faster frame rate, build, 2 card slot, better balance with bigger lenses, etc.

I'm just about to upgrade my X-T1 to the above and having handled both the decision was easy.

Everything I've shot in the last 2 years + has been with the T1 and T2. Like Rubens, once I got the T1 I never shot Nikon again. Held my D800 for a year thinking I'd need it for some things, then realized I didn't ever touch it. I then sold everything Nikon.

It does require tossing out some of the ways you did things before, and learning the quirks, but if a non-technical like me can do it, anyone can.

I'd go for the best. T2 hands down.

The only thing I'm missing is macro, but the 1:1 macro will be released this year. If you eventually think you want to shoot birds and like, you'll want the 100-400 which balances best on the T2. Same with the 50-140. I have both lenses and love them.

Betty

It's not going to replace my main working cameras - my clients tend to need the resolution those provide - but I do need something lighter to walk/travel with (and with a larger sensor than my RX100). That being so, having the £600 price difference between XT20 and XT2 to spend on a lens is very tempting. Lack of weather sealing might be an issue, I suppose, but I can't see that many others.

Alex

I have had and used the X-T1 and X-T10 since they were introduced.  The former is for more serious stuff and the latter goes out walking with me.  I have not found the lack of weather sealing to be a problem with the X-T10 and it has been out in all weathers.  The lightness of the latter is a major factor for walking in the mountains.

I now have the X-T2 and X-T20 and will use them in the same way.  Image quality is excellent for both.  

At the end of the day it depends what really matters to you.

Pearl

I have had and used the X-T1 and X-T10 since they were introduced.  The former is for more serious stuff and the latter goes out walking with me.  I have not found the lack of weather sealing to be a problem with the X-T10 and it has been out in all weathers.  The lightness of the latter is a major factor for walking in the mountains.

I now have the X-T2 and X-T20 and will use them in the same way.  Image quality is excellent for both.  

Pearl

What lenses do you use with them, Pearl?

Alex

Pearl

What lenses do you use with them, Pearl?

Alex

With the X-T20 I mainly use the 18-55mm kit lens which is excellent and not too big.  On the X-T2 I mainly use 18-135mm or 55-200mm.  The bigger lenses are OK on the X-T20 but a bit unbalanced.  I would say that is the only real  advantage of the X-T2 for the sort of photography I do most of the time.  I do have the extra hand grip (not battery grip) on the X-T2 which again helps with bigger lenses.

Pearl

Had a look at them both and found that the X-T20 is so small that it's hard to pick up without various buttons being accidentally pressed with my thumb, and I don't have particularly large hands (although probably larger than Donald Trump's)

Alex

Archived