Do you have the new AIM? If so, go to Optional, and in Restrictions, tick 'Don't sell for personal use'. 

You might have to select all your pictures though.

You can set this as a default for all future submissions with the button at the top right. Doing it manually by clicking the button in the optional tab for existing images is very slow to save if doing a batch. And it only appears to work if all images in the batch are not set - in other words, if you select a batch of say four images and one of them is already set to personal use, then it is not possible to click on the box to set the same restriction on all. I presume this is another bug.

I still belong to the old school  :)

Don't have yet the new AIM  :(

I believe you can ask Alamy to do it for you.

But bear in mind what Keith said about distributors.

I still belong to the old school  :)

Don't have yet the new AIM  :(

In that case you should apply your personal use restrictions asap as it is much easier to do in the older version using batch editing.

You can set this as a default for all future submissions with the button at the top right. Doing it manually by clicking the button in the optional tab for existing images is very slow to save if doing a batch. And it only appears to work if all images in the batch are not set - in other words, if you select a batch of say four images and one of them is already set to personal use, then it is not possible to click on the box to set the same restriction on all. I presume this is another bug.

I don't see where one can set defaults. I was expecting that and looked for it but I am somehow missing being able to find that feature.

Paulette

I don't see where one can set defaults. I was expecting that and looked for it but I am somehow missing being able to find that feature.

Paulette

The little wheel in the black bar at the top. Between "help" and your name.

Aha. I see my eyes are not keen enough. I wonder if they could have made that wheel any smaller? I see you don't have the option of making a default of "only available on Alamy". Maybe that would be a problem if I submitted elsewhere at some point. Thank you.

Paulette

And any images marked with that restriction (or any restriction) won't then be included in the distribution pool....

something to bear in mind if distributor sales are a significant element in your income

I'm sure we had exchanged more posts about this in last day or two but can't find it :o

I said that I still have the distribution sales (maybe they're older sales showing up now), but also in my dashboard in the Additional revenue options I see opt IN not OUT for distributors...

Confusing, huh?  :mellow:

"I said that I still have the distribution sales (maybe they're older sales showing up now),"

yes, by their very nature, Distributor sales are much slower to report....so even if you've set restrictions on all your images now, they would still have been in the distribution pool for quite some time in the past, and those sales will still be coming in ...

km

Archived