Could $69 be the new $180's?

I have a friend here who does proof reading and speaking of her own lack of work mentioned disarray in the text book publishing world. She told me the publishers don't pay for the images. The authors have to pay and she sees more and more images shot by the writers themselves. Not good news.

Paulette

Saw this story floating about last week, which can't be helping, can't see the trend reversing anytime soon

http://uk.reuters.com/article/us-pearson-outlook-idUKKBN12H0ZA

Interesting, thanks for sharing.

It may be wishful thinking but I noticed on my last couple of big travels to South America and SE Asia, almost everybody I met who was travelling independently like myself, was carrying a physical guidebook. They are actually excellent value for money, even if just for drawing attention to potential scams.

I also notice when wandering around town that many visitors have a physical map of the city. That whilst they have smart phones and Google maps... I think there is a psychological thing whereby some people like to find their own ways.

When I travel, I always take a couple of physical guidebooks and paper maps.  But then I also still use a dumb phone.

I just had three educational book licenses for $160, $104 and $27 (in Chile) so those three figure licenses haven't completely disappeared.

Some big textbook publishers have always paid more while smaller ones tend to pay less. 

I had no 69, but did have a 95; a 120; a 140 and a 180 all in the first week of January. None had the word education in the details. But one had a line about a contract that's exactly the same as a lot that have had the word education or educational in the details.

Last week I did have a sale with the word educational, but it was not anywhere near those figures of the first week.

Here in Holland we had the national post deliver some Christmas presents a bit after Christmas. So I figured that's what those first week sales were too: late Christmas deliveries.

wim

Archived