Sales amounts confusing me!

Hello all

I uploaded 45 images in August and kind of forgot about them as I had more regular sales from another site. I've logged back in and I have made 7 sales! Woohoo!

Here's what it says: Summary for statement period 01 February 16 to 10 January 17 (7 item(s) totalling $44.22)  Yet my current cleared balance is only $8. 

I'd be very grateful if you could help with the following questions: 

1) Is that $44.22 mine? Or do Alamy then take my cut from it?

2) Why has only $8 cleared? $27 worth of sales were in October!

3) Is that amount in USD or AUD? I'm based in Australia and can't work out what currency the sales are in. 

4) Do people have any opinions on what payment method is best when I reach the threshold? I was going to do bank account, but the information required doesn't quite match up with Australian bank accounts (we don't have swift codes). 

Thanks in advance!

Matt :)

4) Do people have any opinions on what payment method is best when I reach the threshold? I was going to do bank account, but the information required doesn't quite match up with Australian bank accounts (we don't have swift codes). 

I go with Paypal because I don't really like sharing my bank details with random websites which could potentially get hacked at some stage. With Paypal, I feel like I have a layer of added protection. You probably do have a Swift code.. but you might have to ask your bank what it is. A Swift code and an IBAN (International Bank Account number) allow different banks from different countries to make payments. I had need to ask my bank in the UK for these details many years ago when I joined an American company.

I go with Paypal because I don't really like sharing my bank details with random websites which could potentially get hacked at some stage. With Paypal, I feel like I have a layer of added protection. You probably do have a Swift code.. but you might have to ask your bank what it is. A Swift code and an IBAN (International Bank Account number) allow different banks from different countries to make payments. I had need to ask my bank in the UK for these details many years ago when I joined an American company.

All you give Alamy is the numbers which are printed on your cheques. So you should worry about every recipient of a cheque hacking your account- it's simply impossible. All they can do with the numbers is deposit money, and if a crook wants to do that I'm not going to stop him.

In any case Alamy is hardly a "random website". It's my customer.

All you give Alamy is the numbers which are printed on your cheques. So you should worry about every recipient of a cheque hacking your account- it's simply impossible. All they can do with the numbers is deposit money, and if a crook wants to do that I'm not going to stop him.

That's what Jeremy Clarkson said once upon a time https://www.theguardian.com/money/2008/jan/07/personalfinancenews.scamsandfraud

Hello all

I uploaded 45 images in August and kind of forgot about them as I had more regular sales from another site. I've logged back in and I have made 7 sales! Woohoo!

Matt :)

That's an excellent result on a small portfolio. I guess the Pokemon images have gone well. Might be worth doing a Google or Tineye reverse image search (or using Pixsy) to see where they've been used and look out for any infringements?

I found one usage here

Archived