Models not mentioned

Hello everybody.

I found a picture of me in the store, but i'm not mentioned and the photographer never told me i was in his picture or if it was or not to sell. 

Is there something i can do? 

thank you

Can't comment without seeing the picture. Are you a celebrity? (just asking because you say "I'm not mentioned").

Cheers,

Philippe

I wish I was but I'm not. 

I was working (as you can see in the pic) and the guy shoot this photo. No permission asked, the place is NOT public (it was a convention in which you had to pay to enter), and he's selling the picture. 

I don't think it's right, that's why i'm asking.

As I'm sure you've read from the faq's, it’s unlikely the photographer is doing anything wrong by sending  this to Alamy.
It was uploaded as a “LiveNews” picture, which will restrict it’s use to editorial only - the only shady area I can imagine is whether this is a “public place” or not, and I expect the definition of "public place" will vary from one country to another .

If you are really offended by it, I would suggest your best course of action is to contact the photographer directly and request he remove it.
That said, unless they have some unique aspect, or capture a massively newsworthy event, most LiveNews photos have a short life and are unlikely to surface again, so I’d doubt you’ll find it popping up on TV or in the dailies anytime soon.

EDIT: Missed you're extended definition of the location, agree with Ian's comments below, but still worth trying the contact the photographer directly.

Hello everybody.

I found a picture of me in the store, but i'm not mentioned and the photographer never told me i was in his picture or if it was or not to sell. 

Is there something i can do? 

thank you

Can't comment without seeing the picture. Are you a celebrity? (just asking because you say "I'm not mentioned").

Cheers,

Philippe

I wish I was but I'm not. 

I was working (as you can see in the pic) and the guy shoot this photo. No permission asked, the place is NOT public (it was a convention in which you had to pay to enter), and he's selling the picture. 

I don't think it's right, that's why i'm asking.

I understand your concerns.  As it was a paid to enter event, I suggest that you contact Alamy for clarification.

If the photographer was accredited by the organisers of the event then he/she was simply doing their job.  If they were not accredited, it becomes more complicated, as there may or may not have been terms of entry which would prevent non accredited photographers from selling photographs taken at the event.  Any local laws may also need to be taken into consideration.

Also, just because your photo is on Alamy, doesn't mean that it has been sold.  Also, it could be on any number of other agencies.

OP, according to Italian law you have no expectation of privacy in a place to which the public are admitted. Note the distinction from "a public place".

http://www.adammarelliphoto.com/2013/11/italian-law-street-photography/

Should we really be telling a non-contributor how to attempt to shut down an Alamy contributor's legitimate sales opportunities?

I've reported the post. It's a misuse of the forum for a non-contributor to post in this way. I wonder how she got in.

Archived