Newspaper scheme sale?

I broke down and signed up for the UK newspaper scheme a while ago. This popped up today. Is it a "scheme" sale or a regular one? Any idea what paper it might be?

Usage: Editorial
Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: up to 750,000
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1/4 page
Start: 01 September 2016
End: 02 September 2016
Any placement in paper and online. One use in a single editorial or advertorial article used within print and /or web versions, with re-use of the article in other titles or web versions within the same newspaper group. Digital use includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.

Scheme.

Daily Telegraph-try Google. Probably 2-3 months ago.

I'll PM you the price I got in June for print and website..

Thanks. I checked the Daily Mail online and didn't see it. Google doesn't bring it up either. Most likely use was to illustrate a travel article. Shall keep looking...

No, it's wrapping chips or scraping up dead wasps by now.*

*just had a very large wasp in my office. I used a lot of nerve gas and had to wipe it off my desk.

No way is the nest in our kitchen roof space going to be a photo opportunity.

No, it's wrapping chips or scraping up dead wasps by now.*

*just had a very large wasp in my office. I used a lot of nerve gas and had to wipe it off my desk.

No way is the nest in our kitchen roof space going to be a photo opportunity.

We have a vicious wasp called yellow jackets in Oklahoma. They are black and yellow striped with the skinny wasp waist. Not to be confused with what Tennessee calls yellow jackets which we call hornets.

My sister killed a swarm of them, perhaps 10, in her dining room. She had one tangle in her hair another time. One crawled around in her husband's hair in bed, and another landed on her in bed.

They are getting in somehow from the attic. Like yours.

So far they've not been stung, but heart attacks may be imminent.

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/EB927B/european-paper-wasp-polistes-dominula-on-nest-caring-for-larvae-that-EB927B.jpg

Aargh! The one I killed today was pretty beefy but not a hornet, I don't think. We get them and they're twice the size, a rolled-up newspaper isn't going to do the job.

Fortunately ours are confined to the rafter space by a plastic membrane. I'll be up on the roof with a caulking gun to block up the holes where they got in, but not till they've all gone, or the first frost does them in.

My mum corners them on the window and cuts them in half with a kitchen knife. Lovely woman, my mum. Unless you're a wasp.

I broke down and signed up for the UK newspaper scheme a while ago. This popped up today. Is it a "scheme" sale or a regular one? Any idea what paper it might be?

Any placement in paper and online. One use in a single editorial or advertorial article used within print and /or web versions, with re-use of the article in other titles or web versions within the same newspaper group. Digital use includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.

I too signed up for the Newspaper thing last year but can't for the life of me find the relevant area on the website to withdraw. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have looked in all the usual places - My Alamy - Account Settings etc. Is is tucked away somewhere hard to find? Thx in advance. :-)

I too signed up for the Newspaper thing last year but can't for the life of me find the relevant area on the website to withdraw. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have looked in all the usual places - My Alamy - Account Settings etc. Is is tucked away somewhere hard to find? Thx in advance. :-)

I believe that all you have to do is go to your "My Alamy" page, click on "Additional Revenue Options," and finally click on "out" next "newspaper scheme." Good luck.

I'm staying in. The occasional sale, which is probably all that I can expect, might come in handy.

Aargh! The one I killed today was pretty beefy but not a hornet, I don't think. We get them and they're twice the size, a rolled-up newspaper isn't going to do the job.

'Ere, hang on, you whap these with a rolled up copy of the Sunday Times and they still survive?

Yikes!  :o

No wonder I never go to London.

Going in search of my motorbike crash helmet, methinks ...  :ph34r:

'Ere, hang on, you whap these with a rolled up copy of the Sunday Times and they still survive?

Yikes!  :o

No wonder I never go to London.

Going in search of my motorbike crash helmet, methinks ...  :ph34r:

Careful there ain't a wasp nest inside. :)

Allan

I believe that all you have to do is go to your "My Alamy" page, click on "Additional Revenue Options," and finally click on "out" next "newspaper scheme." Good luck.

I'm staying in. The occasional sale, which is probably all that I can expect, might come in handy.

Cheers John :-)

• 2 weeks later...

I found an image of mine in the Guardian today. It was credited to "Alamy" only. Another Alamy image in the same article was credited to the photographer's name / Alamy. Any idea why this happens -- i.e. why names/pseudos are not always used in newspaper credits?

P.S. I can understand that newspapers might not want to use a goofy pseudo, but in this case it was my actual name.

The Grauniad used to be scrupulous. It no longer is. It hasn't really been a newspaper for a few years, more of a feature magazine. Perhaps that has something to do with it. Focus.

As to photography, Eamonn McCabe baled out a long time ago.

Eh, what?  Afraid I need Google Translate to decipher that one. B)

Try doing a Google news search for whatever the picture is of, the picture might not be the lead photograph, so you'll have to click on a few stories and look through them

I notice that the Guardian sale hasn't been invoiced yet. How long does it usually take for newspaper scheme licenses to be invoiced?

Guardian is usually a bit quicker than the others- 4 to 8 weeks.

btw "Grauniad" is a joke on its former tendency towards copious typos.

I notice that the Guardian sale hasn't been invoiced yet. How long does it usually take for newspaper scheme licenses to be invoiced?

Guardian is usually a bit quicker than the others- 4 to 8 weeks.

btw "Grauniad" is a joke on its former tendency towards copious typos.

Thanks. So it takes awhile then. I'm a fan of the Guardian despite the tipos.

Archived