Curious question...all sales at alamy are in pounds( when I view their website) and as a Canadian I am paid in US $ then converted to Can $...quite the roundabout but..If for say a sale if for $150 Pounds...all we get is $150 US which for a $ conversion is incorrect....that would be about $195 US...then $255 Can....am I missing something?

thanks

all sales are in $US

km

So, here in the UK, I see prices in UK£. So a UK buyer presumably pays in UK£, but I'm reported a US$ price, then I'm paid in UK£.

So in that scenario, am I losing in conversion rates / charges twice?

You should find that in the UK the price in pounds is different than we here in North America whose prices are in US Dollars.  For example - Presentation is shown as 10 pounds to UK contributors but $15US to North American contributors.  (wish I had the pounds symbol on my keyboard)

Jill

You should find that in the UK the price in pounds is different than we here in North America whose prices are in US Dollars.  For example - Presentation is shown as 10 pounds to UK contributors but $15US to North American contributors.  (wish I had the pounds symbol on my keyboard)

Jill

That does seem to be the case, also some differences between what Canadian and US buyers see.

Try Alt 156 for the £ symbol. It works on my clunky PC (Firefox).

P.S. Useful list of Alt codes here

As I recall you can select how to be paid but prices are only shown in US$. I have always believed that can not be changed.

I might be wrong but please don't tell my wife, it has taken me years to convince her I am always right.

Sales , which is what the OP was talking about , are •reported• in $

Prices , what potential; buyers see, are displayed in local currencies per territory (as far as I'm aware)

km

I am in Russia, and I have shown in £.
But is it important? In my opinion the main thing - that the sales were, in principle, but with no conversion problems.

Archived