The long awaited X-T2 was announced July 7th. 4K video, 24mp, joystick, faster AF. The same sensor as the new XPro2 which has already been shown to have beautiful results.

In the past, the XPro1 was the flagship camera of the line, now Fuji is saying the Pro2 and T2 are co flagships.

I sold off my Nikon gear in anticipation of the T2, so I have preordered. It is said they may begin shipping in September, earlier rather than later in the month, so we'll see.

My T1 will become backup. I think 24mp is perfect for stock.

Three new lenses (a 50mm) and a new flash also announced.

Betty

Same here Betty - pre-ordered the X-T2 yesterday having traded-in all my Nikon equipment over the last few months in favour of Fuji. Now have the X-E1 (which started it all for me but which I rarely use, keep it as a useful 'loaner' for my son etc), an X-T1 and an X-PRO2 (which is superb). Going to be long wait until September!

Gary

Such a pity they did not change to a Bayer layout on the sensor.

If they had I would have considered fuji again but after a major series of fails at Alamy while using the old X-T1 I don't think I will risk it.

Sticking with my Nikon now.

Allan

Such a pity they did not change to a Bayer layout on the sensor.

If they had I would have considered fuji again but after a major series of fails at Alamy while using the old X-T1 I don't think I will risk it.

Sticking with my Nikon now.

Allan

And I had more fails with the Nikon. The only fails I've had with my X-T1 was a creative image I added grain to for an old world antique look, and another for noise that I spotted and meant to delete but forgot. Brain f***. ;)

Many thanks for the heads-up Betty. If the X-T2 is out, it must be nearly time to get a X-T1 for a drop-down price:)

I sold two X-T1's on ebay a while ago, pity you did not see them then.

Don't listen to Betty I'm quite a nice bloke really. :)

Many thanks for the heads-up Betty. If the X-T2 is out, it must be nearly time to get a X-T1 for a drop-down price:)

Good for you, you'll love it. Shhh, don't talk to Allan. ;)

Love you too Betty. :P

By the way John want's to know if they have redecorated and improved facilities in the clink since he was in there last. :D

Allan

By the way John want's to know if they have redecorated and improved facilities in the clink since he was in there last. :D

Allan

Rumour has it that there has been no change :) !!

prisoner-in-his-cell-standing-by-barred-

I

Allan

I'M NOT IN THE CLINK I'll have you know! But I'm sure I have a reservation for when my eyes or brain fail me again. If you think I am there now because I haven't uploaded for awhile it's because I've had my hands full with my husband's health problems. No time for shooting. I'm very distracted.

He was just diagnosed with prostate cancer. We'll find out what stage tomorrow. :(

Allan

Rumour has it that there has been no change :) !!

prisoner-in-his-cell-standing-by-barred-

Looks like the same deluxe digs that I remember from my last sojourn. Still not sure that I've been classified as a re-offender but am making peanut butter sandwiches just in case.

Hope things go well with your husband, Betty. I know someone in his 80's who was diagnosed over 20 years ago, and he's still doing fine.

I've had my hands full with my husband's health problems. No time for shooting. I'm very distracted.

He was just diagnosed with prostate cancer. We'll find out what stage tomorrow. :(

Betty I am so sorry to hear of your husbands diagnosis.

I think I know how both you and your husband are feeling now. Probably much the same way as when my wife and I were told back in 1997 that she had Ovarian cancer for which there was no cure.

I have an enlarged prostate and am considering medication to reduce it to aleviate problems caused by the enlargement, but the medication can cause cancer itself, so for me it has to be a no-no, unless the docs can prove otherwise.

My commiserations at this testing time.

Allan

Thanks. I appreciate the concern. We learned it is confined to the prostate, stage two, so he'll be set up for radiation. This will be difficult because mini strokes have robbed his memory. He lives in the moment. What happened an hour ago might as well have never happened. He's forgotten already that he had cancer.

It's been difficult for several years. I am his memory, and spend untold hours hunting for things he misplaces.

I'm an optimist, though, and the glass is half full.

I may get to shoot tomorrow, I'll see. It's so very hot here, though!

Thanks. I appreciate the concern. We learned it is confined to the prostate, stage two, so he'll be set up for radiation. This will be difficult because mini strokes have robbed his memory. He lives in the moment. What happened an hour ago might as well have never happened. He's forgotten already that he had cancer.

It's been difficult for several years. I am his memory, and spend untold hours hunting for things he misplaces.

I'm an optimist, though, and the glass is half full.

I may get to shoot tomorrow, I'll see. It's so very hot here, though!

Sorry to hear about your husband Betty.  My Dad passed away a few years ago but before he passed he said he could hear music coming out of the walls.  There was no music but my Sister and I would just agree and he would say I like that tune.  He played music  when he was younger and had a band so maybe he was just recalling the past.  Growing old can be tough.

Growing old can be tough.

Tell me about it!

And a few others on this forum who shall be nameless. ;)

Allan

EDIT:  I actually heard a doctor once say, "Growing old is not good for you."

I sold my top end Canon gear and have been stashing the money away to buy an X-T2. I preordered it with grip (didn't use one with X-T1, I have a grip in mint condition, offers?)from my local dealer (by email while I was away in France). When it arrives I will put my X-T1 in for service so can use it as my grab and go anywhere camera (with the 18-135 permanently mounted), or to use in extreme conditions. It is rather rubbed, the covering is spreading and coming away under my thumb and the connector door is very bowed. Probably not worth selling and anyway it is a perfectly functional camera that will strill meet many of my needs, the X-T2 will be for sport and other more active shooting.

The dealer has a second body on order for me should I want it.

And I should have thanked Allan for his fine encouragement:)

After several trouble-free years with my X-E1/X100 combo, I sincerely hope that I won't be needing striped jim-jams with the X-T1.

Best regards

John

John, what lens will you use on it? I was out in my front garden the other day trying to shoot an illusive bird with my 100-400, which is a beast. Didn't get the bird, but shot a rope swing hanging from a tree across the street that is amazingly sharp. The OS in low light is great. I never could get a sharp image hand-held with my Nikon 80-400 racked out to 400mm.

I have a bunch of Fuji lenses, all zooms except for the 56 and I am happy with them all. I'd be hard-pressed to pick a favorite, because each has a specific use for what I intend to shoot.

That said, my 50-140 is special.

Archived