Firstly let me say this is not a moan or a complaint.  Just a request for information.

I started uploading images again this month after a break - prior to that my last upload was June 2015.  At that time my images were going through QC typically withing 24-48hrs.

The last time I failed QC was back in 2009.  (7 years ago).

I currently have 10 uploads "waiting QC" dated 1st May through 9th May.  So the oldest upload has now been waiting 9 days.  (I think this is the longest I've had to wait other than back in the days when we had to submit using CDs!).

Can anyone tell me what the current average wait time is?  Does the fact that I had a break in uploading mean that I'm now on the slow queue (even though I've had no QC failures in 7 years).?

If stopping uploading for a while moves you to the slow queue - does anyone know what size gap in uploads causes that?

As I said this really isn't a moan - I'm just curious.  To a certain extent it doesn't bother me how long it takes - I've got plenty of photos to keep processing and uploading while I wait.

Thanks

Ian.

Hi Ian

Most people atm are going through QC in 24-48 hours I believe. If you have images waiting since 1st May, I would stop uploading and wait till they pass or fail. If they pass, then you are lucky and can keep going, but if one of those batches has a failed image in them then they will all fail, and you may be waiting till the end of May to find that out   :(

I do think that in the past year QC have increased the quality threshold a bit for a pass

Hoping you are not in the sinbin

Regards

Kumar

Usually a day but I had one take an extra day over the bank holiday. frequency of submission make no difference IME.

If you ask QC they will tell you if you're in the fail queue. Though I don't think you would get a month even for a second fail.

Am I reading these replies right?  

If you have failed QC they don't tell you that you have failed QC for a month - the images just sit in "Awaiting QC" status for a month?  When I read about the month's delay, I thought it meant that you knew you had failed but didn't know why for a month, and you were moved to the slow queue for future uploads.

Here's what I read on the blog:

If you fail QC, your submissions will be stored in our batch fail queue where you’ll have to wait 28 working days for your failure reason.

A month or so ago, it took 5-7 days before getting a pass on two separate uploads. The previous ones were 24 hours. It's almost a sure thing that you have a fail.

I usually let an upload pass QC before uploading a second. The one and only time I uploaded 3 in a row I got a fail.

Look at it like this.

Upload 1 would pass.

Upload 2 would pass

Upload 3 has an image that fails.

QC samples images from each upload, sees the bad one in upload 3 and as is their custom, fails 1, 2, and 3.

You've lost out on 1 and 2 passing and being on sale for a month while you wait.

If this turns out to be your first failure in seven years, then I would think that QC won't keep you waiting for a month -- a couple of weeks at the most. Please don't quote me, though. Good luck.

One would hope this is the case.  But I am now worried - they are still sitting "Waiting QC" and although I emailed Member Services two days ago I have had no reply from them:

I haven’t uploaded any images for about a year, and recently started uploading again.  In the past QC has taken 24-48hrs.  I know there are times it can take longer but for some of the images I uploaded recently they have now been “Waiting QC” for 9 days.     I know that if a contributor has regular failures their submissions are assigned to a slow queue but my last failure was 7 years ago.

As I said it’s been a while since I last uploaded and if this is the current turn round time that’s fine – I just wanted to check that there wasn’t a problem.

Thanks

Ian.

One would hope this is the case.  But I am now worried - they are still sitting "Waiting QC" and although I emailed Member Services two days ago I have had no reply from them:

Thanks

Ian.

I sent MS an email yesterday, on another matter, and have not even had their auto response mail to say they would get back to me.

This is odd as their system usually sends the AR straight away or within a couple of hours. For MS not to be replying to specific questions about ones account is very unlike them.

Allan

I sent MS an email yesterday, on another matter, and have not even had their auto response mail to say they would get back to me.

Hmmm.... now you mention it, I don't think I got a autoresponder message either.

Anyone else still waiting for yesterday's uploaded images to pass?

EDIT: never mind. Images just passed  ^_^

Cheers,

Philippe

YIPPEEE! :)

Allan

EDIT: never mind. Images just passed  ^_^

YIPPEEE! :)

Thanks folks.... that's just rubbing salt into the wounds!  I am still waiting for my 1st May images.  :-(  And still no reply from MS.

Archived