What does this mean - Google search on my images

When I search Google images and put my pseudonym in, pages of my Alamy images appear.  No problem there as they are linked to the Alamy page.

I notice that some have a comment at the bottom ie  'Recently',  '4 days ago' , '2 days ago'  etc etc.  These are not necessarily newly added images so does anyone know what 

these comments mean.

Is it when someone on a Google image search has clicked on one of my images perhaps?  

John

When I search Google images and put my pseudonym in, pages of my Alamy images appear.  No problem there as they are linked to the Alamy page.

I notice that some have a comment at the bottom ie  'Recently',  '4 days ago' , '2 days ago'  etc etc.  These are not necessarily newly added images so does anyone know what 

these comments mean.

Is it when someone on a Google image search has clicked on one of my images perhaps?  With just 3 clicks quite a large image can be seen and copied, albeit with the Alamy watermarks.

The watermark doesn't seem to put people off from using the image in a blog etc.

John

Funny, I noticed that yesterday and was wondering the same thing.

Jill

'Recently',  '4 days ago' , '2 days ago' refers to how recently google cached (indexed) that image/page. Someone looking for an image might buy a picture legally from alamy following a google image search, even if they weren't aware of alamy or stock libraries. Think of it as a way to drive sales

these comments mean.

Is it when someone on a Google image search has clicked on one of my images perhaps?  

John

How do you do it? I've now tried but found nothing at all! I would like too see.

these comments mean.

John

How do you do it? I've now tried but found nothing at all! I would like too see.

Hi Gennadii

I go to Google Image search and enter one of my pseudonyms - in my case bax walker is one of them.

Not all, but many of my Alamy images appear in the results.

John  :)

these comments mean.

John

Hi Gennadii

I go to Google Image search and enter one of my pseudonyms - in my case bax walker is one of them.

John   :)

Nothing turns out. Maybe it's the Internet that I have something wrong?

And maybe because I'm still a beginner at Alamy and so my work is not visible to anyone else? I even here on forum not updated e.g. number of images under my picture.

these comments mean.

John

Hi Gennadii

John   :)

Nothing turns out. Maybe it's the Internet that I have something wrong?

And maybe because I'm still a beginner at Alamy and so my work is not visible to anyone else? I even here on forum not updated e.g. number of images under my picture.

To update your number of images, just log out and sign back in.

Cheers,

Philippe

About wise-Philippe! You're right, and that's finding and does not work. Thank you!

You must sign out of the forum and sign back in for your image number under your aviator to update. Only the images that are live are shown, not any that you haven't key worded or given a day to go live after keywording.

One thing that triggers the robots of the search pages is to tweet the link of your photos.

In my other agency you can check the views of each image and it increases a lot when you tweet, immediatelly, than the images show in google searches, almost immediately.

There they have a tool that helps you automatically tweet any new image you upload, it is a neat idea I think, but a bit of spammy, though, for your tweeter followers.

PS: am I allowed to talk about other agencies in Alamy forums?

One thing that triggers the robots of the search pages is to tweet the link of your photos.

In my other agency you can check the views of each image and it increases a lot when you tweet, immediatelly, than the images show in google searches, almost immediately.

There they have a tool that helps you automatically tweet any new image you upload, it is a neat idea I think, but a bit of spammy, though, for your tweeter followers.

PS: am I allowed to talk about other agencies in Alamy forums?

That requires one to know how to "tweet".

You can talk about them, just don't name them.

Indeed Google does crawl social media faster than say your own blog say.

Basically the more popular Web pages n sites get crawled more often.

So good linking n positive promotion should get more views. Getting re tweets n people talking about it and reposting also helps.

Archived