Manage Images

Bit of a problem. My MacBook Pro is broken and I had to revert back to a PC. :-(

I want to amend some captions etc, but cannot open any of the images. I can only do batch processing. 

Am I missing something here?

Bit of a problem. My MacBook Pro is broken and I had to revert back to a PC. :-(

I want to amend some captions etc, but cannot open any of the images. I can only do batch processing. 

Could you be a bit more specific?

Manage images is completely oblivious to the operating system: it works the same on any platform.

My usual problem with opening an image is that I am using a pen and the interface wants a double click in exactly the same spot. Its a stupid mistake by the designer or a first time coder, who should have defined a larger area in which to click only once. It works ok with a mouse though.

wim

edit: typo

My usual problem with opening an image is that I am using a pen and the interface wants a double click in exactly the same spot. Its a stupid mistake by the designer or a first time coder coder, who should have defined a larger area in which to click only once. It works ok with a mouse though.

Wim

Yes, would have suggested a mouse or pointer problem, too...

Is your browser up to date? Maybe you need to check the plug-in.

Is your browser up to date? Maybe you need to check the plug-in.

Yes, browser was up to date, but I decided to switch from Chrome to Internet Explorer and now it works. 

This is funny. I have to use Chrome to be able to use the old Manage 1.0, because the More Options page has not been working in Firefox for 8 months now.

I too am using Manage 2.4 in Firefox though.

This is on a PC.

wim

When things like this happened to me, it's always been a browser plug-in issue. Try it with different browsers until you find one that works smoothly. On my machines (that run windows 7 or Ubuntu) Chrome or its Linux variant is the best choice. First things first though; check all plug-ins for updates and then install the latest versions of browsers you haven't tried yet.

Take notes! There are many possibilities; some duds, some superstars - make sure you choose the best.

When things like this happened to me, it's always been a browser plug-in issue. Try it with different browsers until you find one that works smoothly. On my machines (that run windows 7 or Ubuntu) Chrome or its Linux variant is the best choice. First things first though; check all plug-ins for updates and then install the latest versions of browsers you haven't tried yet.

Take notes! There are many possibilities; some duds, some superstars - make sure you choose the best.

That's the good thing about 1.0: no plug-ins just plain old HTML with a little bit of Javascript (which does not need a plug-in).

Only the links don't work in Firefox anymore. They do work in Chrome and IE. However I do work in Firefox.

Manage 2.X is Flash based. So the Flash plug-in is indeed the first suspect. However when it's only the opening of a single file, but all the rest is working, I suspect the input device, because of the specific flaw in the interface. Or the operation of the input device, because of that flaw: one needs an extremely steady hand and probably a brand new pen. With a mouse the steady hand is enough.

wim

Archived