To discover all of my images that have been zoomed since I joined Alamy? I figure if anyone knows, it is you, Win. The most famous extractor/searcher/finder/digger-outer (is that a word?) on the planet.

Anyone else feel free to jump in if you can live up to that. ????

Betty

Who ... .... is win?

Though it may be a win-win situation, don't you mean Wim? :)

I think he will have difficulties with this one.... ;)

Yes, I meant Wim, the Dutch master of such things. Thanks. Just corrected the error.

I think you might be right about this one. It probably won't be a wim-win situation.

Well my computer is digging away, maybe it's looking for zooms as well. Anyway it says 16% voltooid (ready) which is encouraging. So this is from my tiny laptop.

My answer will be not very helpful I'm afraid.

AFAIK there is indeed no way to go back further than the rolling year for zooms. Sales go back all the way in both the Summary and the Net revenue. Not so for zooms and I would be surprised if Alamy keeps this record.

Many people at one point have wished to be able to see all activity around an image: zooms, but also searches per keyword that yielded the zooms and the ones that hadn't.

Personally I keep a lightbox with all zooms per year and a cumulative one since I first thought of having one. To date (I  updated mine this morning as it's the first of the month) there are 1067 zooms in the cumulative one. It only shows the ones that have been zoomed, not how often and not for which keywords however.

Since 2 years, I also download the zoomed images page for each pseudo. That gives me at least the amount of zooms.

Because of my records I know that almost half of my images have never been zoomed. And that the total amount zoomed has never been over 60%.

The lightbox with all sales only has 426 images in it.

Yes it would be wonderful to have all that info for each image.

How about knowing which image did get zoomed for my ones that did not get zoomed? Or knowing which one got licenced in stead of mine?

My computer is still crunching. Not purring I'm afraid.

It's now 200.000 files further than when I started typing and only has around 700.000 files to go. That's the smallest of 4 drives.

wim

Well my computer is digging away, maybe it's looking for zooms as well. Anyway it says 16% voltooid (ready) which is encouraging. So this is from my tiny laptop.

My answer will be not very helpful I'm afraid.

AFAIK there is indeed no way to go back further than the rolling year for zooms. Sales go back all the way in both the Summary and the Net revenue. Not so for zooms and I would be surprised if Alamy keeps this record.

Many people at one point have wished to be able to see all activity around an image: zooms, but also searches per keyword that yielded the zooms and the ones that hadn't.

Personally I keep a lightbox with all zooms per year and a cumulative one since I first thought of having one. To date (I  updated mine this morning as it's the first of the month) there are 1067 zooms in the cumulative one. It only shows the ones that have been zoomed, not how often and not for which keywords however.

Since 2 years, I also download the zoomed images page for each pseudo. That gives me at least the amount of zooms.

Because of my records I know that almost half of my images have never been zoomed. And that the total amount zoomed has never been over 60%.

The lightbox with all sales only has 426 images in it.

Yes it would be wonderful to have all that info for each image.

How about knowing which image did get zoomed for my ones that did not get zoomed? Or knowing which one got licenced in stead of mine?

My computer is still crunching. Not purring I'm afraid.

It's now 200.000 files further than when I started typing and only has around 700.000 files to go. That's the smallest of 4 drives.

wim

I figured you would know the answer to that question, Wim. Or Win..I kind of like that name since you're a winner.

Yes, it would be nice to know which images have been zoomed, might make for a Super-Pseudo. Also might help to know which ones to move into a more non-performing pseudo.

But then, I'd probably outsmart myself and kill my zooms. Ahhh, just a thought. And most likely not a brilliant one. Give your computer a break and a nice cup of tea. It deserves it. Haha, I just imagined it shorting out from the tea.

And no, I'm not drinking alcohol. I just have a mind that goes off in tangents.

For the past week I've been working on about 8 folders from a long past vacation shoot, and I'm a bit bonkers from it. Somehow when I uploaded a few thousand images to my computer when I arrived home, I ended up with a few hundred duplicates scattered through the folders. It's been a nightmare trying to sort them out!!!

Meanwhile, with so many images, I couldn't remember them all. So I'd work from a folder and upload. A few weeks later, go to another folder and work from that. Upload. I just recently realized about the duplicates, and the fact that I had developed the same photos twice. Oh, yes. Now I get to go through my Alamy port and delete duplicates.

I could tell you how the duplicates happened, but I want to keep a few shreds of my dignity intact.

Betty

Archived