News desk hours

They're definitely there round the clock.

I had a call straight after a news upload at about 7pm. to check some details.

Incidentally they have some lightning fast typists there as my dodgy captions were apparently being corrected very quickly.

So you might be seeing "swan attacks labrador" somewhere tomorrow.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...

If it is urgent you should ring rather than email. There are several US contact numbers on the website even though the live news number is in the UK. I expect you should be able to speak to a (most likely helpful) person and they would very likely give you live news access for something like you describe.

• Love 1

30 minutes ago, sooth said:

Because I'm not in live news, I emailed news@alamy.com last night at 12am asking if they would be interested in these photos and gave them the submission number.

As of yet, no response whatsoever.

I once waited nearly 2 days on one occasion so you still might get a response.

1 hour ago, sooth said:

I know alamy news is not uk based, and don't care about us centric photos, like protests and stuff. I do shoot them and photos do sell after the fact.  Would be nice if there was a place to sell these as alamy live news doesnt  seem interested in real live news from actual  contributors.

does alamy really not care about US centric photo, or is it that US centric photo buyers don't care about Alamy?  

btw i see plenty of US centric news on the news feed. 

11 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

does alamy really not care about US centric photo, or is it that US centric photo buyers don't care about Alamy?  

btw i see plenty of US centric news on the news feed. 

Since the OP didn't actually call we don't know. I was under the impression that the newsdesk was manned around the clock.

3 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Since the OP didn't actually call we don't know. I was under the impression that the newsdesk was manned around the clock.

i have seen intervention on the News feed out of regular UK business hours, for example combined submission, or alter titles. so someone must be available, outside hours, but it would be interesting to see what Alamy says.