Panoramic Images

What's a sinbin (sic) calculator?

dd

"after a QC failure"? . . . never had one, but I have it on good authority that you can start uploading immediately after you've been informed of a QC failure.

And a "calculator" . . . sounds a tad fanciful to me to go to all the trouble of having an algorithm just to determine such a simple yes / no question.

Back to panoramas: find you simply can't beat a stitched pano using Kolor's AutoPanoGiga . . . I think they still do a free trial copy, for anyone interested in breathtakingly accurate, as huge as you like panos, give it a burl. EDIT: well, breathtakingly accurate as long as your technique is good :-)

dd

You misunderstand.

You can upload as soon as you are notified of a failure,yes, but whether you get that notification in a day or a month depends on your pass average.

If you run into a rough patch as some of us have and as you have been fortunate enough not to, you have to re-earn your spurs.

I assure you there IS a formula. For years I had the odd fail and still got notice in a day or two. Once the failures got to a certain percentage the wait went to a month and it's still there. Hence small subs to push the red off the page.

Okay, so the "normal" concept of a sin-bin, where you are removed from the game and can take no further part in said game until you are out of the sin-bin is not a particularly accurate or useful analogy for just waiting for QC to let you know you've had a fail, given that you can still "play" the game (submitting, key-wording already submitted, etc) while waiting. No wonder many newbies (and some not so new) sometimes incorrectly think you are actually prevented / banned from uploading if you think you're "in" this mythical "sin-bin".

And fortunate I may be, but I can assure you I work long and bloody hard for that which you may think of as simply good "fortune".

dd

The sinbin- where you go after QC failure.

Calculator- the algorithm which determines whether or not you stay in for a month based on your QC pass rate.

Still being paranoid but heading towards a green subs page again I may have another look at some of my old ones. They just look so titchy as a thumbnail, but I suppose a buyer could zoom one up with a browser add0on as I do.

I'm still amazed that they turn out with no joins, though.

(hint: if the sinbin calculator goes by number of submissions, you're better off making small, even tiny subs.)

Yes, that seems to be the way it works -- making frequent small subs is the road to QC redemption. I seldom upload more than a couple of dozen images at a time anyway, due partly to my not-so-speedy Internet connection.

"after a QC failure"? . . . never had one, but I have it on good authority that you can start uploading immediately after you've been informed of a QC failure.

And a "calculator" . . . sounds a tad fanciful to me to go to all the trouble of having an algorithm just to determine such a simple yes / no question.

Back to panoramas: find you simply can't beat a stitched pano using Kolor's AutoPanoGiga . . . I think they still do a free trial copy, for anyone interested in breathtakingly accurate, as huge as you like panos, give it a burl. EDIT: well, breathtakingly accurate as long as your technique is good :-)

dd

Have you tried Lightroom 6 panoramas? I don't know about geometric accuracy in comparison to AutoPanoGiga but it produces very good panos as raw files which is just amazing. Proper wall-filling panos. And it runs in LR in the background. That alone has been worth the upgrade for me. 

Okay, so the "normal" concept of a sin-bin, where you are removed from the game and can take no further part in said game until you are out of the sin-bin is not a particularly accurate or useful analogy for just waiting for QC to let you know you've had a fail, given that you can still "play" the game (submitting, key-wording already submitted, etc) while waiting. No wonder many newbies (and some not so new) sometimes incorrectly think you are actually prevented / banned from uploading if you think you're "in" this mythical "sin-bin".

dd

It's no myth. Sure you can upload while waiting but have you not read the rules about that- all those subs will be failed as well.

Some of us have been using the term humorously for a while.

Humorous, as in not serious.. I work long and hard too without swearing about it but sometimes apparently not hard enough to avoid failing and I envy you your perfection.

Why quibble? It obviously doesn't affect you.

dd

Have you tried Lightroom 6 panoramas? I don't know about geometric accuracy in comparison to AutoPanoGiga but it produces very good panos as raw files which is just amazing. Proper wall-filling panos. And it runs in LR in the background. That alone has been worth the upgrade for me. 

Michael, I haven't tried LR6 panos but shall do sometime soon, if for no reason other than keeping up to date (i love LR's integration with another program for time-lapse so I have absolutely no doubt it is a program worthy of closer inspection :)  ). AutoPano allows incredibly sublime adjustments in the whole process, especially simple-to-use minute adjustment of layers to avoid the moving-people-cut-in-half or bits-of-the-same-moving-person phenomena. It also allows a great range of different projections, including "true" little planet. Worth a look for anyone even half-serious about producing quality panos.

dd

Here's one done from just 2 images only, but the effort is minimal and then to end up with a RAW file to work with is a real bonus...

dairy-herd-grazing-in-a-pasture-outside-

Also I'm sure some of the overlapping cows moved between shots but I cannot find any ghosting ;)

Phil

AutoPano allows incredibly sublime adjustments in the whole process, especially simple-to-use minute adjustment of layers to avoid the moving-people-cut-in-half or bits-of-the-same-moving-person phenomena. It also allows a great range of different projections, including "true" little planet. Worth a look for anyone even half-serious about producing quality panos.

dd

I'll put it on the todo list. 

Here's one done from just 2 images only, but the effort is minimal and then to end up with a RAW file to work with is a real bonus...

Si señor 

Archived