How would you handle this.

Can I take pictures at exhibit?
Yes, photography & video cameras are allowed and encouraged at Discover the Dinosaurs. Look for special areas within the exhibit designed for photo opportunities. All Discover the Dinosaur exhibits, rides, and attractions are protected by copyright. Guests must have written permission to use photographs, videotape, or digital images of Discover the Dinosaurs for commercial broadcasting, advertising, marketing, or publishing in any medium.

I would like to photograph this exhibit, but not sure what hoops you would have to jump through to get permission for stock shooting.

They only seem to require permission for commercial usage. Like most places that you would need a PR for to use commercially.

I take that back, they mention publishing in any medium, so that would cover editorial. So you should get permission.

Jill

Of course  the statement  "All Discover the Dinosaur exhibits, rides, and attractions are protected by copyright." is complete nonsense.

When our son was about 5 we went to Dinosaur Adventure park near Norwich and took some shots. Some were nice enough and a couple have sold on Alamy. But nothing to get excited about. When we went to Disneyland Paris a few years later, I left the cameras at home. The chances of sales might have been higher and careful editing might have yielded some fairly safe submissions but on balance, I decided to just be a tourist for the day.

Archived