QC- out of the sinbin on licence- there is hope

Mark, lately what has happened to you has happened to me. I get one batch through, the next gets hammered. Sometimes I get a few batches through, then nada.

Recently, I made the mistake of uploading a digitally altered image, marked as such. Of course, I guess QC doesn't read descriptions. I ran it through a nik filter giving it a slight sepia old world feel with added grain. QC called it noise, and the whole batch failed. Innovation and creativity doesn't pay off.

Except on FAA. Where I do OK.

Betty

Yup, QC reportedly doesn't read captions, descriptions, etc. A lot of the more adventurous images like yours must end up on Alamy via other agencies/portals.

Mark, lately what has happened to you has happened to me. I get one batch through, the next gets hammered. Sometimes I get a few batches through, then nada.

Recently, I made the mistake of uploading a digitally altered image, marked as such. Of course, I guess QC doesn't read descriptions. I ran it through a nik filter giving it a slight sepia old world feel with added grain. QC called it noise, and the whole batch failed. Innovation and creativity doesn't pay off.

Betty

This has been my biggest bug bear to date with Alamy.

I am worried about failing QC, even though I have an excellent QC record, so I put very few 'creative' pictures up, but, like Betty, I was noting on the description things like, grain, shallow DOF, digitally altered, low light. intentional blur, motion blur etc.

Do contributors who have a creative talent just give up submitting I wonder?

If an explanation is given to MS as to why (for instance) 'grain' has been left on a picture submission which then failed, will they reassess the decision?

Betty

This has been my biggest bug bear to date with Alamy.

I am worried about failing QC, even though I have an excellent QC record, so I put very few 'creative' pictures up, but, like Betty, I was noting on the description things like, grain, shallow DOF, digitally altered, low light. intentional blur, motion blur etc.

Do contributors who have a creative talent just give up submitting I wonder?

If an explanation is given to MS as to why (for instance) 'grain' has been left on a picture submission which then failed, will they reassess the decision?

Absolutely NOT.  I wrote to MS about the image, which was not addressed in the answer at all.  Just got the stock referral to image requirements and "you must wait 28 days to submit."

• 2 weeks later...

I went back a couple of years and looked for some to submit, since haven't been out shooting in the cold, and found enough for a submission.  When submitting them I noticed I had pictures from the D200, D90, and D3200, all passed QC OK.  These were all large fine JPEG from each camera.  I was glad to see that pictures from the old D200 could still pass QC. :)

Archived