Good use for a drone

losdemas

The BBC also had a report this week from a small rural school. There was obviosuly a drone used to good effect and the presenter was talking to the camera as it came towards her then went up high again.

It's going to get more difficult to use them though. Photographers get enough grief trying to take images of train stations, etc. without people claiming you were photographing them through their windows!! http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/government-use-of-surveillance-drones-is-probably-illegal-9789296.html

Does the law apply in flying over someone's property in the same way that it does walking onto someone's property to take photos?

Don't know how the law applies in specific countries, but invasion of privacy would certainly be a concern in many places - certainly in the UK.  It seems that in this instance, the neighbo(u)rs are welcoming and possibly know the tog?  Might not be as friendly depending on use of the images/footage in the future?

I was really just trying to make the point that the application of the drone was useful in assessing localised weather conditions and helping people out, who might be in possible difficulties.  Sorry if I added confusion - probably shouldn't really have posted it here, or should have clarified my ideas in the first place. :)

:o Hush, hush, John! Next thing you'll be badmouthing Benedict Arnold or the Queen Herself!

That would be very un-Canadian of me. But then I like to think that I'm citizen of the global village. All this nationalism stuff has ever done is get us (Homo sapiens) into big, big trouble. 

I was really just trying to make the point that the application of the drone was useful in assessing localised weather conditions and helping people out, who might be in possible difficulties.  Sorry if I added confusion - probably shouldn't really have posted it here, or should have clarified my ideas in the first place. :)

Agreed that this example is a good use of drone photo/videography and I can certainly see the appeal of what is a fast developing section of the market. I especially think that drones are going to revolutionise aerial videography and bring it to a much more affordable price point. I'd be tempted myself but no confidence in my piloting skills.   :(   

I have a couple of friends who use drones (hexacopters) for video, one is responsible, the other has flown his drone through National Heritage buildings and close to crowds, I do think that it (flying drones) will be outlawed, or strictly policed in the future.

Archived