Credit Where Credit Is Due - Quickest QC Turnaround Ever??

Went to bed last night at 1.40am leaving the laptop loading just over 100 images to QC and received an email this morning at 9.56am to say that the images had passed QC. 

Alamy's QC process gets a bit of a bashing sometimes on the forum so I just wanted to redress the balance and acknowledge and thank them for this very speedy turn around!

Went to bed last night at 1.40am leaving the laptop loading just over 100 images to QC and received an email this morning at 9.56am to say that the images had passed QC. 

Alamy's QC process gets a bit of a bashing sometimes on the forum so I just wanted to redress the balance and acknowledge and thank them for this very speedy turn around!

I've never been able to completely fathom how QC goes about this. I've never had (that I can remember) mine any quicker than 48 hours (ish). Currently waiting on a small upload from Sunday.  :unsure:

Mine always seem to take two working days, sometimes three even though I have not had a QC failure in over 4 years (more luck than judgement I suspect, fingers crossed on current batch) but I don't upload stock as often as many (most of my uploads in last year have been news).

Did you have another batch already in the queue?

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at the Alamy homepage, they say they have 30K uploads per day. Let's say one reviewer spends a minute per image on average. It would take a month, assuming weekends off. I find myself wondering how they do it.

Looking at the Alamy homepage, they say they have 30K uploads per day. Let's say one reviewer spends a minute per image on average. It would take a month, assuming weekends off. I find myself wondering how they do it.

They have more than one reviewer of course :), and have stated in the past (or was it that the forum speculated? . . . can't remember) that their reviewers are experienced at scanning heaps of images and identifying for closer inspection the sorts of images that might be problematic, in addition to choosing some at random for close inspection. It's standard quality-control practise that you check a small sample instead of checking all.

EDIT: of course, images from contributors who fail lots are also going to attract more attention than those who don't,

dd

Yes, I know that they have a team of reviewers who spot check submissions. It's sort of like saying that putting 24K miles on a car is like circumnavigating the globe. I was thinking of what it would be like for one person to have to review 30,000 images. However they divide it up and however spotty the checking, it must be a daunting task.

Archived