Newbie with 1st batch fail

Hi to all

I have just uploaded my first 4 piccies and had them rejected.  Only one shows why the rejection, in this case camera shake, which on closer look it may be although the background was out of focus.

Anyway, the other three say failed but no reason.  Does that mean they all failed, or weren't looked at cos the top one failed?

Confused . . . . 

From submission guidelines 

• We check each of the 4 images and they must all pass QC for your submission to be accepted. Do not submit any additional images until your initial test has passed QC.
  • If your test submission fails we will give you failure reasons for all images which do not meet our QC criteria.

It maybe an idea to drop MS an email for clarification on the other 3 images?

From submission guidelines 

• We check each of the 4 images and they must all pass QC for your submission to be accepted. Do not submit any additional images until your initial test has passed QC.
  • If your test submission fails we will give you failure reasons for all images which do not meet our QC criteria.

It maybe an idea to drop MS an email for clarification on the other 3 images?

The guideline quoted doesn't need clarification, it's quite clear.

I'd be paying more attention toward learning to more definitely identify camera shake.

dd

I'd be inclined to use a tripod for that first batch.  They don't have to look good, but they must pass the technical requirements.

I know that this is a commonly held belief, but I've never understood the logic of submitting ultra safe images in the initial submission.

This is the only time when all images submitted are examined, and there is no risk of a month on the sidelines for failing QC.

That makes it the ideal opportunity, to discover where the boundaries of sharpness, noise etc. lie, without the risks normally associated with failure.

Hi to all

I have just uploaded my first 4 piccies and had them rejected.  Only one shows why the rejection, in this case camera shake, which on closer look it may be although the background was out of focus.

Anyway, the other three say failed but no reason.  Does that mean they all failed, or weren't looked at cos the top one failed?

Confused . . . . 

This is a tough question to answer despite what the submission guidelines say. Personally, I would e-mail member services and ask them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to all

Confused . . . . 

This is a tough question to answer despite what the submission guidelines say. Personally, I would e-mail member services and ask them.

Hello John,

I'm new here too, but have created me this account 2 years back.

I have submitted 4 images last week and also 2 of them were rejected with the other two getting no rejection reason, so I asked the support team and they told me that if no reason was given the two ones were ok. 

So I've sent another 4 images with two different than previously before weekend and I hope that I finally get accepted :)

Hi to all

Confused . . . . 

Hello John,

I'm new here too, but have created me this account 2 years back.

I have submitted 4 images last week and also 2 of them were rejected with the other two getting no rejection reason, so I asked the support team and they told me that if no reason was given the two ones were ok. 

So I've sent another 4 images with two different than previously before weekend and I hope that I finally get accepted :)

• 2 years later...

Long exposure shots fail due to lack of definition. 

the in focus status elements of the shot are fine, but apparently, QC at alamy think water and cloud should sit still for 20 seconds.

Archived