Very pleased

I licensed my first image from the RX100.  What a handy little camera, tiny, perfect to carry in my purse.  Then while waiting in line and bored, I got this.

It sold for a two page spread in a textbook, for $180.

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/8/{8E55264E-1291-4A4C-BE63-6D91362052B6}/D97HYY.jpg

Well done Betty.

Hmm shop in Walmart do we? :)

Allan

EDIT:  Betty while I was posting this I noticed Google was spying on your thread so don't be surprised to see your image in the store appear on their site.

No, Ed, it is with the original RX100, taken not long after I got it.  Both cameras have Intelligent Auto settings.  Put the camera on that and you will always get a proper exposure. It ups the ISO to what's needed for shots like this.  The worst I get can be a pleasing grain, not the horrible color noise some cameras produce.  Only in one very dark situation did I ever have to apply some noise reduction, and those images, taken in a darkened eye exam room, passed QC.

And yes, I do shop at WalMart. It is a rather one-stop shop where you can buy your socks, get a greeting card, pick up milk, and get bird seed. All while your car is getting an oil change. :) (not that I do that, I go to my dealership) I get my meds at their pharmacy, and pick up cheap paper goods and such.  Yet I go to another supermarket for produce and meats and actually cheaper prices on canned goods.

What do you mean, Google spying on my thread?  What's this?  I know absolutely nothing about anything like that.  How could you tell it was spied upon?  !!!!!

What do you mean, Google spying on my thread?  What's this?  I know absolutely nothing about anything like that.  How could you tell it was spied upon?  !!!!!

At the bottom left of the screen you can see who is reading your thread, or any thread come to that, and in among the names was (Google)1.

I have seen (Bing)1 as well in other threads sometimes.

I sometimes check the names to see who is on the thread.

Allan

Thanks for the spy answer, Allan. And no, I've used intelligent auto most of the time along with Superior Auto in Raw. Never have shot JPEG with it. This image would have been shot with one of those.

Ed, let me tell you a story. Some time or another, I was in my car and "probably" had either my Nikon or Fuji with me and also the Sony. I probably got out of the car to walk around and shoot the nikon or Fuji. So I slipped the Sony under the passenger seat and promptly forgot about it. Out of sight, out of mind. A week or so later, I hunted for the Sony. Tore up my house looking, making the rounds multiple times.

Also looked in the car and felt under the seats. Nothing.

I finally came to the conclusion that I had left it in a restaurant. I like to take food shots, and have been known to lay the RX100 on the seat beside me.

So after many futile searches, a call to the last restaurant I'd been to, I figured someone else was happily enjoying my camera.

At that point, I ordered the RX 100 mk3. A few weeks later as I was getting out of my car, I spotted something lying on the floor, passenger side. Apparently when I braked, it slid out. Not that I hadn't braked dozens of times before that and the culprit refused to show its face.

So now I have two. And the image I sold was from the first one. I've not used the 3 much yet, nor uploaded anything from it.

And I don't know for sure that the above story is correct, but I'll take bets on it being on the money.

Thanks for the spy answer, Allan. And no, I've used intelligent auto most of the time along with Superior Auto in Raw. Never have shot JPEG with it. This image would have been shot with one of those.

Ed, let me tell you a story. Some time or another, I was in my car and "probably" had either my Nikon or Fuji with me and also the Sony. I probably got out of the car to walk around and shoot the nikon or Fuji. So I slipped the Sony under the passenger seat and promptly forgot about it. Out of sight, out of mind. A week or so later, I hunted for the Sony. Tore up my house looking, making the rounds multiple times.

I finally came to the conclusion that I had left it in a restaurant. I like to take food shots, and have been known to lay the RX100 on the seat beside me.

So after many futile searches, a call to the last restaurant I'd been to, I figured someone else was happily enjoying my camera.

At that point, I ordered the RX 100 mk3. A few weeks later as I was getting out of my car, I spotted something lying on the floor, passenger side. Apparently when I braked, it slid out. Not that I hadn't braked dozens of times before that and the culprit refused to show its face.

So now I have two. And the image I sold was from the first one. I've not used the 3 much yet, nor uploaded anything from it.

And I don't know for sure that the above story is correct, but I'll take bets on it being on the money.

A good story, totally accurate or not. But it brings to mind this conundrum: If you've got yourself a pocket camera, why was it not in your pocket? (All answers, no matter how logical, will be disregarded.) 

A good story, totally accurate or not. But it brings to mind this conundrum: If you've got yourself a pocket camera, why was it not in your pocket? (All answers, no matter how logical, will be disregarded.)

Because I had on jeans with tight pockets and my female tops have no pockets. Disregard that! :). Simply a case of stepping from the car but still in sight of it, but never leaving something valuable in sight of a passerby. These nuts can commit a "smash and grab" in a heartbeat. I'm very cautious and mindful of that.

My problem was that I never take two cameras with me until that day. I think the thought was to compare them, a same shot deal. Then I got lost in the Fuji and once I slipped the Sony under the seat, I forgot about it.

You know the memory is the first to go.

Algebra? Is that the language they speak in Algeria? And I don't think memory is the first thing that goes. The first thing that goes is . . . ah . . . it's. . . .

........the butt sag.

Tooo much information. :huh:

Allan

White Socks! Yeuch!

Betty you must know how good/bad your RX100 is by now so how about getting into the RX100 mkIII and give us a user comparison view of the mkIII against the mkI.

How you find the shorter focal length of new lens. Is IQ better or worse with it. (CA/noise/focus/etc)

Is it worth having the ELVF?

Any other points you may find that differ (good or bad).

Allan

White Socks! Yeuch!

Betty you must know how good/bad your RX100 is by now so how about getting into the RX100 mkIII and give us a user comparison view of the mkIII against the mkI.

How you find the shorter focal length of new lens. Is IQ better or worse with it. (CA/noise/focus/etc)

Is it worth having the ELVF?

Any other points you may find that differ (good or bad).

Allan

I'll do that, Allan, when I get the time. Right now, today, I have an office/employee shoot for a website, and will use either the Nikon or Fuji.  But I'll take the NMK3 out for a spin soon.  I actually have barely touched it other than a few test shots.  I do want to check it out, though.

I don't have a case for it. It came with one of those little thin fabric or whatever black fold-over pockets to put it in.  At the time I ordered it, I couldn't find a case especially made for it.  It doesn't fit in the 100 case.  I haven't checked Amazon recently.  Forget about eBay, I don't do eBay.

Betty

Archived