Beatles for Sale

I am intrigued. The image of the Beatles on the Alamy front page today appears to be a reversed and heavily cropped image taken from the Beatles for Sale Album, released fifty years ago this coming December. I am surprised to see that an image of such poor quality reproduction is being displayed on the Alamy site, given the currently extremely stringent approach being meted out by QC. It is so unsharp throughout, and I could describe it as fuzzy. CA is evident on the hair extremities and there are a number of artefacts displayed which could have been cloned out. There appears to have been no attempt to address any of these issues. How has this image been aloud and what's more, who said this would be a suitable image to be displayed on Alamy's front page?

Robray

QC does not apply in the usual way to archival images. You wouldn't expect the same standards of a picture taken on, probably, High Speed Ektachrome in 1964. In any case it's a scan from an album cover.

There's another thread on this.

. . . and what's more, who said this would be a suitable image to be displayed on Alamy's front page?

Robray

Ummm . . .would three guesses be enough? :-)

dd

Archived