A small number of contributors here have both a gift for working with people and an RSI inducing production rate, and get good returns (although not very good RPI). As I say: even page 1 BHZ is still pretty miserable as far as RPI goes.

Which is why I am starting completely afresh and treating Alamy, and even photography, as just one of many possible routes. I am looking at ALL my skills, knowledge and contacts and thinking about how I can make a satisfactory income from something I enjoy or, even better, feel passionate about. It is more about creating a lifestyle than making money per se; after all money is only a means to an end. We often lose sight of why we are working.

Agree.  Photography is, or should be an end in itself.  And we don't, therefore have any right to earn a living at it.  Having said that, what I like about the money side, is that it pushes me to try things I would not otherwise bother with, gets me out of a rut, even when I don't realize I'm in one.  And it always, in the end, comes back to personal work.  Without that, it would all be pointless (for me).

A small number of contributors here have both a gift for working with people and an RSI inducing production rate, and get good returns (although not very good RPI). As I say: even page 1 BHZ is still pretty miserable as far as RPI goes.

Which is why I am starting completely afresh and treating Alamy, and even photography, as just one of many possible routes. I am looking at ALL my skills, knowledge and contacts and thinking about how I can make a satisfactory income from something I enjoy or, even better, feel passionate about. It is more about creating a lifestyle than making money per se; after all money is only a means to an end. We often lose sight of why we are working.

Well said. Just over a year ago I was made redundant, I was a Credit Risk Analyst which commands a good income but my roots are in art and design, I was an illustrator and only recently found the camera as an outlet (oil painting became time consuming with even less income :-). I've turned my back on that lifestyle to follow a dream, something I know I would regret if I never tried.  I know it will be hard work but I also know I won't be beaten. I've already won, I'm living my dream..... follow your heart and you'll get there, it just takes time and effort!!

I still think there has been a mistake made here,  please post what MS comes back with.

Paul.

Heard back from MS who apologised and admitted the mistake and assured me they wouldn't usually refund a sale this old, money to be re-credited to my account :)

I still think there has been a mistake made here,  please post what MS comes back with.

Paul.

Heard back from MS who apologised and admitted the mistake and assured me they wouldn't usually refund a sale this old, money to be re-credited to my account :)

Good news to see common sense prevailing

Kumar

Shooting "real" people doing "real" things is an acquired skill,

not a gift, like running fast or singing perfect pitch.

just done this little assignment this morning.....

one person doing one thing - as i think JG has mentioned before...

D42_3368.jpg

Archived