I was under the impression that Novel Use was either on its way out or gone altogether. I haven't had any NU sales for months. Until today.

I just checked net revenue and 14 of them have popped up - 3 of them for $3 so it almost adds up to a sale.

I was wondering if it was

a] last minute accounting before winding up the scheme

b] a new surge in NU sales

c] pure coincidence.

Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Do you think it's some recompensation? ;)

Btw. I thought NU is not existing anymore...

Well, it does look like some sort of accounting operation - sales duplicating previous ones, each for about twice the original fee.

Not in NU, so I have no inof info to look at, but it could be akin to the recent mention by some of chasing up old, previously un-notified (is that a word?!) sales in the newspaper scheme.

I know the amounts are tiny, but the interesting thing is that, with a couple of exceptions, the images that have sold for novel use haven't sold otherwise, suggesting that it really is a different market.

Though looking at what has sold NU, I really can't see a pattern to why certain pictures do and others don't.

I've made $120 (net) from novel use over the years - that's the equivalent of quite a few regular sales these days.

I know the amounts are tiny, but the interesting thing is that, with a couple of exceptions, the images that have sold for novel use haven't sold otherwise, suggesting that it really is a different market.

Though looking at what has sold NU, I really can't see a pattern to why certain pictures do and others don't.

I've made $120 (net) from novel use over the years - that's the equivalent of quite a few regular sales these days.

During the one year I was in NU, my biggest sale was for $1.00 (hopefully, Donald Trump isn't still using the image as a screen saver), so I bailed out as soon as I could.

You're right about the $120, though.

not so in my case, I have a good number of images that sold for novel use selling as regular sales too, sometimes in the same month!

Archived