they've    been  there  since  4/29.  my  others  have  gon  through  swiftly.  what  could  be  wrong?  sent  an  email  but  must  have  done  something wrong  because  it   failed to  go  through.

Have you other submissions gone through before you have uploaded the seemingly stuck batch (before 4/29) ?

If yes, then it's either a delay compared to the usual 2-3 days QC times or a fail, in which case you may have to wait up to 30 days (have a look at the Alamy help for contributors) until you will get the "result".

I don't think that sending an email and asking where your submission is stuck will be very helpful ... at least not before the 30 days have passed.

Simply use the time to shoot more images.

Hope this helps.

i  had  13  or  14  batches  pass  without  trouble  - all  overnite.  if  it's  a fail  and  i'm  not  told  for  30  days  then  i'll  just  have  to  accept  it.  Shooting  more  will take  my  mind  off  it  (partially  at  least).

they've    been  there  since  4/29.  my  others  have  gon  through  swiftly.  what  could  be  wrong?  sent  an  email  but  must  have  done  something wrong  because  it   failed to  go  through.

If they are still in "processing," then some of the files might have been corrupted. If so, they will eventually (usually within 7-10 days) go into the "awaiting QC" stage. If the submission has been "awaiting QC" since April 29th, then one or more of the images has probably failed QC, and you will likely have to wait at least a month to hear about it.

If they are still in "processing," then some of the files might have been corrupted. If so, they will eventually (usually within 7-10 days) go into the "awaiting QC" stage. If the submission has been "awaiting QC" since April 29th, then one or more of the images has probably failed QC, and you will likely have to wait at least a month to hear about it no matter how good your QC success rate has been in the past.

In over 150 submissions I've had a few failures. Not many, but enough to realize that it is a voluntary imposition. If you think an image may not pass after doing what Alamy has asked eg. Review each image at 100%, then don't submit it hoping that it will get through. We'll all miss some from time to time, but in the end, Alamy make the rules and we have to comply

Sorry if his isn't he answer you expected, but they are Alamy rules.

Ken.

Why are people voting me down for telling the truth, is this now a personal thing?

-----Original Message-----
From: submissions@alamy.com [mailto:submissions@alamy.com]
Sent: 08 May 2013 12:05
To: 
Subject: Alamy QC outcome

++++THIS IS AN AUTOMATED REPORT DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL++++

Dear Ronald

Account :

08-05-2013

The following media have now been processed by Alamy.

DATE RECEIVED                 ALAMY MEDIA REF               STATUS

03/05/2013                    OL1928314                     Passed QC

That's is the way it works, I mean one failed image failing the whole batch, actually failing all batches waiting for QC (if you have more than one). For each submission, besides the first submission of 4 images, the "fate" of your submission will depend on only one image, Alamy won't check more than one per submission.

I have to say, I have been lucky where I noticed mistakes after the batch was accepted. It would for sure have failed the batch. When I cop on before completing annotation, I delete the image straight away. Unfortunately once an image is online, it takes 180 days for it to be taken off line.  

Unfortunately once an image is online, it takes 180 days for it to be taken off line.  

If it's a problem that can be corrected such as a missed dust spot, then an email to member services will probably result in being allowed to upload a corrected version and they will do the exchange.

just added 20 more - if passed will give me 98 online. this week has been slow - i had a reaction to a prescribed drug. (won't be take it any more). but next week should be good to go.

If it helps anyone,

I uploaded a batch on Monday. They've only just passed QC this afternoon (Thursday).

I guess they've perhaps had a big back log with the Bank Holiday.

I DID expect a delay, what with the fabulous sunshine we've had, I guess there'll have been many people getting some good shots!

In over 150 submissions I've had a few failures. Not many, but enough to realize that it is a voluntary imposition. If you think an image may not pass after doing what Alamy has asked eg. Review each image at 100%, then don't submit it hoping that it will get through. We'll all miss some from time to time, but in the end, Alamy make the rules and we have to comply

Sorry if his isn't he answer you expected, but they are Alamy rules.

Ken.

I joined Alamy in 2007 and uploaded for two years before I had a QC failure. True, Alamy makes the rules, but we can still complain if we think they are unfair. And making those of us with good QC records wait unecessarily for a month or more to hear about a failure is unfair IMO. Also, it is highly destructive to our workflow and not in Alamy's interest since it prevents us from getting current work into their database in a timely manner. Why they maintain this draconian policy is totally betond me.

nothing but bad luck for me this week. drug reaction put me in bed for 4 days. a failed QC and wha appears to be a second on 2 days in a row. time to fall back and punt. cllear mt head and get myself back to normal. only thing my little chichuchua hasn't deserted me. he my be just 3 lbs big he has a big heart.

nothing but bad luck for me this week. drug reaction put me in bed for 4 days. a failed QC and wha appears to be a second on 2 days in a row. time to fall back and punt. cllear mt head and get myself back to normal. only thing my little chichuchua hasn't deserted me. he my be just 3 lbs big he has a big heart.

If it's any consolation - I was due to be heading for the Western Isles next week but while prancing around in bare feet a couple of says ago I slammed my foot rather forcibly into something rather solid and broke a toe.

Also have a batch "Processing - average wait time 24 hours" since the 7th (hopefully just a processing error failure).

Edit - my brother reckons I need a pair of Freudian Slippers....   http://tinyurl.com/cgnxph2

Archived