Problems with editing portfolio on Vivaldi and other issues

I use Vivaldi as my main browser. I don't know how long it has been going on for, but using this browser I am unable to edit my portfolio. I can on Firefox and Edge, and while I can, I'm also unable to input and select my unique ID. I have tried the site on my phone, which I also use Firefox on, and even there I can edit my portfolio but not apply a unique ID to my URL as it does nothing.

I haven't been able to figure out any fixes, as I already have tried clearing cache and cookies.

Hiya. Possibly not the answer you're looking for. But do you need your portfolio? Have you got clients you send it to? If not, then I wouldn't worry about trying to edit it. I've never used my Alamy portfolio for my clients, I've shown them my images from previous photo shoots, which I don't have on Alamy.

• Like 1

There has been a problem with Safari from the beginning. I had to use Firefox to add heading and name. They also seem to have rather abandoned it. 

Paulette

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KitJames said:

I can on Firefox and Edge, and while I can, I'm also unable to input and select my unique ID. I have tried the site on my phone, which I also use Firefox on, and even there I can edit my portfolio but not apply a unique ID to my URL as it does nothing.

I can edit it on Chrome and Edge but it became incredible slow recently, so that if you want to manage some albums, it takes forever to add and remove images. Also, since recently it messes up the images in random way so that if you have a new submission and want to add images from it to specific albums, you need to search individual images via keywords otherwise they may be beyond the 1st page (and there is no way to sort for newest when you are in the album management mode). It became absolutely weird lately 😞

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Steve F said:

But do you need your portfolio? Have you got clients you send it to?

Is this really about clients only? Otherwise, good if you have anything also. I do not. And until recently used it as a showcase. I have an Album "Favorites" that includes ~10% of my best images, and whenever I wanted to show my work to somebody, I was sending them link to the portfolio and suggested to click "Favorites" tab. Unfortunately, since recently it became hardly manageable as I indicated in another post above.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IKuzmin said:

I can edit it on Chrome and Edge but it became incredible slow recently, so that if you want to manage some albums, it takes forever to add and remove images. Also, since recently it messes up the images in random way so that if you have a new submission and want to add images from it to specific albums, you need to search individual images via keywords otherwise they may be beyond the 1st page (and there is no way to sort for newest when you are in the album management mode). It became absolutely weird lately 😞

Agreed - I recently brought it up with Alamy and had this reply - 'Our IT team are aware of the technical issues with the portfolio page, and we hope this will be fixed as soon as possible'

Alex

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I've never bothered with the portfolio, I either create a Lightbox of selected images and share that, or add a unique dummy keyword to a set of images and send a a URL of an Alamy search for that keyword (possibly with a filter on my pseudo if needed). For example here's a collection of Medium format Velvia slides I recently digitised.

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo/mfvelvia.html?page=2&sortBy=newest-datetaken

Mark

Edited by M.Chapman
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, M.Chapman said:

I've never bothered with the portfolio, I either create a Lightbox of selected images and share that, or add a unique dummy keyword to a set of images and send a a URL of an Alamy search for that keyword (possibly with a filter on my pseudo if needed). For example here's a collection of Medium format Velvia slides I recently digitised.

I still think that having a portfolio with dedicated albums was very convenient (set and forget). I do not like the idea to spend time doing it in the ways you described. Although sometimes I make small lightboxes for dedicated cases, it's not the same. Guess I'm too lazy. Otherwise may consider making a portfolio at some other site, but it was such nice move of Alamy to give this opportunity... Unfortunately, with all recent developments that I see/feel on the Alamy side, I am not really surprised.

Edited by IKuzmin
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, M.Chapman said:

Mark

Looked at your album. Very nice! BTW, image 2WHKB34 - Daylilies (pink) over here have a common name called “naked ladies”. If yours are of the variety that blooms on naked stems, then they are like what we have. That’s why they’re called naked.
I shouldn’t tell you to put that common term in your tags because it’ll compete with mine. But since your image is better than mine…Ima tellin’ ya. 
Now I’m worried they aren’t the same. The buds are way different. Mine are Amaryllis belladonna. If so…IGNORE! Sigh.

PF5WHK.jpg

Edited by Betty LaRue

I suppose it's not really been updated or fixed because it's been put on the back burner? Ouch.

A shame really, but at least I can customise it to some extent as long I use Firefox on my main computer to customise it that way if needed.

Well I did exhaust every possible fix in Vivaldi, but it resulted nothing. I can wait though, if it's eventually fixed.

13 hours ago, Steve F said:

Hiya. Possibly not the answer you're looking for. But do you need your portfolio? Have you got clients you send it to? If not, then I wouldn't worry about trying to edit it. I've never used my Alamy portfolio for my clients, I've shown them my images from previous photo shoots, which I don't have on Alamy.

I sometimes send a link to my portfolio, or a Lightbox link specifically tailored to the organisation that  I am applying to for a media pass. This doesn't happen very often.

12 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Looked at your album. Very nice! BTW, image 2WHKB34 - Daylilies (pink) over here have a common name called “naked ladies”. If yours are of the variety that blooms on naked stems, then they are like what we have. That’s why they’re called naked.
I shouldn’t tell you to put that common term in your tags because it’ll compete with mine. But since your image is better than mine…Ima tellin’ ya. 
Now I’m worried they aren’t the same. The buds are way different. Mine are Amaryllis belladonna. If so…IGNORE! Sigh.

PF5WHK.jpg

I'm not sure that having 'naked ladies' as a keyword term will necessarily give the buyer quite what they were looking for . . .

Alex

2 hours ago, Alex Ramsay said:

I'm not sure that having 'naked ladies' as a keyword term will necessarily give the buyer quite what they were looking for . . .

Alex

lol! Never thought of that. It only means flowers to me!