April 2024 Favourite uploads

3 minutes ago, Jacek said:

roe-deer-capreolus-capreolus-standing-lo

Absolutely beautiful Jacek! I love the bokeh in this - perfect depth of field. And the direct eye contact makes it a striking image.

Edited by Sally Robertson
spelling mistake
  • Thanks 1

On 04/04/2024 at 08:53, Steve Hyde said:

We drove over to the Brecon Beacons, South Wales last weekend and climbed Corn Du and Pen Y Fan. It’s a popular walking route but was really busy, the second image is the queue for a pic next to the trig point on Pen Y Fan. It’s a good walk with great views from the top. I’ve given up juggling the Fuji kit whilst carrying a rucksack and holding the dog on her lead, when we’re out walking, so the RX100 had a day out with me.

brecon-beacons-wales-a-trail-of-outdoor-

brecon-beacons-wales-a-line-hill-walkers

brecon-beacons-wales-a-lone-walker-in-br

brecon-beacons-wales-a-male-and-female-w

Many years ago I climbed Pen y Fan in winter and I was the only person there. How times change.

I remember it well because I slipped on the way down and sprained my ankle.

This one happened in late March, uploaded yesterday. This is my daughter holding her 12 pound bluecat catfish fresh caught. Debbie has a fishing boat, but it’s been out-of-action for a few years. We used to go fishing together when her boat was operational. She lives in Oklahoma, about a 3 hour drive from me in Kansas. Deb heard about a person conducting fishing excursions, it cost us $100 each to sign up. There were 6 of us plus the guide & his 12 year old son. The sun was supposed to shine, but it was cold & windy. The clouds were heavy until about noon. We started at 8am & came in at 1pm. I caught 3 nice ones, Debbie caught 5. This was her largest one. In spite of shaking from the cold, I had a blast. Anytime I have a fishing pole in my hands, I’m happy, & I never let freezing my nose, toes & fingers & nether parts stop me.

The nice thing is the guide supplied the bait, baited our hooks, took the fish off the hooks & then filleted them, supplying us with gallon baggies of ready-to-freeze fish filets.

The guy off to the left is one of the older gents that fished, and the boy in the foreground was taking the fish from the cooler to his dad to clean.

i might add these fish were huge, hit like we had a hog on the line. Fought hard, & I thought my arm holding the pole would fall off before I got mine to the boat.

Shot with my RX100VII.

A story about the 12 yr old boy. I caught a smaller fish, about a 3 pound one. The boy was taking it off my hook when the other people teased me about the fish being a baby. The boy heard the teasing & threw my fish back in the lake because he thought the “baby” talk meant it wasn’t a keeper. I gasped! His dad immediately bawled his son out telling him the smaller ones were the best-eating ones. Dad carried on long enough the boy looked heartbroken.

The boy was fishing, too, so I smiled at him & said it was okay, his next catch was mine, a replacement. He smiled & said ok. I then teased him in a sweet way, laughing with him, then told him it was fine, I was ok with him throwing the fish back.

Once on land, when we were ready to leave, I asked him for a hug. He grabbed hold of me & gave me such a hard hug he nearly cracked my ribs.

I wanted to adopt him as a grandson.

caucasian-woman-displays-her-catfish-cat

This one…making pie pastry, ended up a coconut cream pie.

pie-crust-or-pastry-rolled-out-and-fitte

Can’t believe my oldest Great grandchild has turned 10.

10-year-old-caucasian-girl-sits-and-chec

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Love 2