Understand the mistake.

How can I know the mistake for a photo? I see:

"processing failed" but no clue for the reason.

I'd like the direction to work to make my photos better.

P.s.: only a time I received a mail with the mistake: Soft or lacking definition. Other times my mistake rest a mistery.

Ty for the answers.

I passed the 3 images submission. And here's the mail they sent to me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Vincenzo

Good news! Your submission has passed Quality Control (QC).

Your images are ready to be annotated in Alamy Image Manager.

We're really looking forward to seeing more from you soon!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

After this, I submitted another image, and processing failed. I'd like to know the problem to study the issue.

s.gif

2 minutes ago, Laugher said:

I passed the 3 images submission. And here's the mail they sent to me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Vincenzo

Good news! Your submission has passed Quality Control (QC).

Your images are ready to be annotated in Alamy Image Manager.

We're really looking forward to seeing more from you soon!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

After this, I submitted another image, and processing failed. I'd like to know the problem to study the issue.

s.gif

Was it the right file format?

JPG and baseline?

Make sure you set the JPG to Baseline. Photoshop has the nasty habit of always remembering the last used Jpeg setting. Including not only the quality setting, but also the optimization setting. Which is fine if you never open any Jpeg except your own. Alamy expects JPGs in Baseline format.

wim

14 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Was it the right file format?

JPG and baseline?

Make sure you set the JPG to Baseline. Photoshop has the nasty habit of always remembering the last used Jpeg setting. Including not only the quality setting, but also the optimization setting. Which is fine if you never open any Jpeg except your own. Alamy expects JPGs in Baseline format.

wim

I used same procedure than the 3 accepted photos.

Only difference was that used daylight white balance on photoshop.

Could be this the problem?

Shouldn't be easier to write the reason for failure? Wb or format or wrong focus or any other reason.

13 minutes ago, Laugher said:

Shouldn't be easier to write the reason for failure? Wb or format or wrong focus or any other reason.

Still not clear what happened. Didn't Alamy say that it failed due to soft or lacking definition? Or if processing failed message came up, were you actually able to upload the photos to Alamy or not?

Can you post a 100% of the failed image here so we can have a look? Add a watermark first if you're worried about it being copied.

Edited by Steve F

14 minutes ago, Laugher said:

I used same procedure than the 3 accepted photos.

Only difference was that used daylight white balance on photoshop.

Could be this the problem?

Your images aren't showing up, so they haven' passed (or the database is still updating).

I suggest you follow the link that Steve F quoted above, and others in the forum. 

start with small upload batches, if one fails they all fail...minimise the pain.

P.S Make sure you look at images at 100% to ensure sharness. You can also re-size images to the minimum of 2000 x 3000 if you are in any doubt. 

Good Luck, cheers Hugh

Edited by StokeCreative

1 minute ago, StokeCreative said:

Your images aren't showing up, so they haven' passed (or the database is still updating).

Or he hasn't put them on sale in AIM yet.

IIRC "processing failed" is not a QC failure: it means something went wrong during upload and the file was corrupted or didn't complete the transfer. Another possibility is that you haven't completed the keywording etc. on your initial submission in order to get the images on sale, and the system is stopping you uploading more until you have done so to prove you are a genuine contributor and not a bot (but that is a guess).

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, StokeCreative said:

I suggest you follow the link that Steve F quoted above, and others in the forum. 

start with small upload batches, if one fails they all fail...minimise the pain.

P.S Make sure you look at images at 100% to ensure sharness. You can also re-size images to the minimum of 2000 x 3000 if you are in any doubt. 

Good Luck, cheers Hugh

Crema-al-mascarpone-scaled.jpg

No worries. I did a try to know better how to be accepted. :)

8 minutes ago, Laugher said:

Crema-al-mascarpone-scaled.jpg

No worries. I did a try to know better how to be accepted. :)

I'm looking at this on a rubbish screen. But I think you have missed your focal point. The plane that is in focus looks to be in front of the glass, not the front of the glass itself (but I could be wrong!)

1 hour ago, DJ Myford said:

IIRC "processing failed" is not a QC failure: it means something went wrong during upload and the file was corrupted or didn't complete the transfer. Another possibility is that you haven't completed the keywording etc. on your initial submission in order to get the images on sale, and the system is stopping you uploading more until you have done so to prove you are a genuine contributor and not a bot (but that is a guess).

I think it's this....

"IIRC "processing failed" is not a QC failure: it means something went wrong during upload and the file was corrupted or didn't complete the transfer"

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Steve F said:

I'm looking at this on a rubbish screen. But I think you have missed your focal point. The plane that is in focus looks to be in front of the glass, not the front of the glass itself (but I could be wrong!)

Ok. In any case for now I modified white bilance from daylight to automatic. But am not sure. I did a tre. :)

Ty a lot for your opinion.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gervais Montacute said:

Doesn't look as if anything is in focus as Steve F said. It's blurry all over to me. Or maybe it just caught part of the table top. Wide open apertures can do that.

Ok. Will try again. Tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Steve F said:

The plane that is in focus looks to be in front of the glass, not the front of the glass itself (but I could be wrong!)

does QC judge what should be in focus or what is in focus...?

I see front of glass
a. bubbles
b. hot spot
c. lip of cup
d. wood grain left of glass front
all being in focus...?

granted its very shallow focus
I do NOT present me-self as authority, but...
I am eager to hear from others about this
as it might improve my QC skills...
  • Like 1

From what I understand, the failure is generally 'soft OR lacking definition', it doesn't necessarily mean out of focus but could be flat and therefore limited contrast.

I had a fail for this about 2 months ago. It was in focus but taken on a cloudy dull day and therefore pretty flat similar to the OPs pic posted above

Edited by Martin L
Damn autocorrect!

4 hours ago, DJ Myford said:

IIRC "processing failed" is not a QC failure: it means something went wrong during upload and the file was corrupted or didn't complete the transfer.

+1

"Processing failed" has nothing to do with focussing or image quality.

Mark

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Laugher said:

"Processing error" suggests Alamy couldn't read/decode the image file

Mark

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg said:

does QC judge what should be in focus or what is in focus...?

I see front of glass
a. bubbles
b. hot spot
c. lip of cup
d. wood grain left of glass front
all being in focus...?

granted its very shallow focus
I do NOT present me-self as authority, but...
I am eager to hear from others about this
as it might improve my QC skills...

I thought that the sharpest part of the focal plane in focus was in front of the glass. Look at the wood grain at the front edge of the glass. Far more is in focus in front of the glass edge than behind.

But maybe it failed upload rather than QC. In any case, the image would probably benefit from a bit greater depth of field on the main subject (the glass).

Ok. Issue arrived in mail.

Was:

INTERPOLATION ARTIFACTS

SOFT DUE TO SIZE

Could you help me to translate? English is not my language. 😢