Sudden drop in CTR and sales

Xdealbert

Question

I have been uploading pictures for more than 3 years with a monthly average CTR of 0,60-0,80 and usually 2 to 5 sales every month. But from 4 months ago all my stats have dropped to 0 with a +3500 portfolio. I know my captions and tags are not perfect and I’m changing that with my last pictures sent but they have worked for 3 years. Anybody can help in identifying what is the problem? Has anything changed with Alamy system?

12 answers to this question

Low activity for me this month so far. My dashboard has been quite stagnant. Four sales early in the month but nothing since the 9th Feb. Only four zooms recorded which is down over 50% and views down too. CTR has worryingly dropped too. I guess we will never know how the search engine is set up - a long, long, way from the 300 or so daily views that used to be commonplace! 

Thanks to all for your answers.

Since I posted the question I've had 5 zooms after 4 months at 0. Seems somebody at Alamy detected what the problem was and fixed it. Now is the time to increase sales 🙏, zooms are good but you get no money from them.

9 minutes ago, Broad Norfolk said:

From those who report on the Forum there always seems to be a huge variation in measures from day to day. Yesterday I had one view and that's it. I am speechless!!

Jim. 

Same here - still seems broken

5 hours ago, Broad Norfolk said:

Same here. more data has appeared. Still no zooms!

Jim.

Please upload 5 more images.  Your at 12340. 😊My OCD's kicking in.

Edited by Sultanpepa
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Sultanpepa said:

Please upload 5 more images.  Your at 12340. 😊My OCD's kicking in.

Hi Sultanpepa,

I'm suffering from a tired head and I was going to ask what your OCD's were but I think the penny has just dropped. I need to be getting out and getting the next 5 ready - 12345, yes? 

Good shooting,

Jim :)

4 hours ago, Broad Norfolk said:

Hi Sultanpepa,

I'm suffering from a tired head and I was going to ask what your OCD's were but I think the penny has just dropped. I need to be getting out and getting the next 5 ready - 12345, yes? 

Good shooting,

Jim :)

Yes. 👍☺️

Then thou must upload five. Five shall be the number of uploads and the number of the uploads shall be five. Six shalt thou not upload, neither shalt thou upload four, excepting that thou then proceedeth to five. Seven is right out.

Just waiting for Jim's count to jump straight to 12346 🙂

Edited by Matt Ashmore
  • Love 3
  • Like 1