iPad Pro keyboard help

For anyone with an iPad Pro can you help?

I can’t get a normal size keyboard on my iPad Pro . The two finger outward move doesn’t enlarge it. It’s only about half or 2/3 the size of a playing card. I googled it and it said to hold down the keyboard emblem at the bottom of this tiny keyboard & choose between a couple of options but this tiny keyboard doesn’t have a keyboard emblem at the bottom.

Going under settings doesn’t give me those choices…just Qwerty & such. There is a keyboard emblem OFF the keyboard, but when I hold on it there’s two choices: Pencil Settings & Hide keyboard. None of those help.

I’d say it was driving me crazy but I’m already there. Another tip was to was to center the keyboard at the bottom and swipe down. That doesn’t work, either. I tried Chrome instead of Safari and that doesn’t help.

Edited by Betty LaRue

Have you tried to do a restart of the iPad?  Press and hold the button on the side of the upper left while holding the iPad in the landscape position, to power it down.  Let the screen go black for maybe 10-20 seconds and then press and hold the same button to restart.

That’s a good idea, Michael.

If your iPad Pro is anything like mine, Betty, I have to physically go into Settings>General, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and select “Shut Down.” Then restart by pressing and holding the side button.

I have to ask Siri to shut it down otherwise it doesn't shut down. I have a late version regular one (Air?) - not the pro. My husband has a less expensive slightly older version and his works much more easily.

Sorry no help with the keyboard. Mine fits across but I still find it too small. Thinking I should use an bluetooth one so I have all the real estate on the iPad screen. I have one I use with my monitor. Cheap one I bought on Amazon that works well. 

Edited by Marianne

On 12/02/2024 at 15:27, Cecile Marion said:

Maybe this could help:

I tried this (multiple times)  & it didn’t work. But thanks. I’ll try Michael’s suggestion and power off.

On 12/02/2024 at 15:35, Michael Ventura said:

Have you tried to do a restart of the iPad?  Press and hold the button on the side of the upper left while holding the iPad in the landscape position, to power it down.  Let the screen go black for maybe 10-20 seconds and then press and hold the same button to restart.

I shut my iPad Pro down, Michael, overnight. I have my large keyboard back this morning. Who woulda thunk it. Thank you for your suggestion because nothing I read about on the internet worked. Nobody suggested your fix!!

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

I shut my iPad Pro down, Michael, overnight. I have my large keyboard back this morning. Who woulda thunk it. Thank you for your suggestion because nothing I read about on the internet worked. Nobody suggested your fix!!

Yay.  Some people say Earth needs a reboot, it seems to work for many things!

• Love 1

On 14/02/2024 at 17:48, Michael Ventura said:

Yay.  Some people say Earth needs a reboot, it seems to work for many things!

If the earth rebooted - it would reboot without humans... thats the way to  fix it.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Julie Edwards said:

If the earth rebooted - it would reboot without humans... thats the way to  fix it.

Heading that way.

Allan

• Love 1
  • Like 1