Image rejected, but received email about passing QC

Recently I had my first rejected submission, due to softness and noise while other submissions in the past passed just fine. Somehow I still received an email of something passing QC so I'm not sure how or what happened, and not even sure what it's referring to. Has anyone had this before? Was it sent in error?

1 minute ago, NYCat said:

Pretty good advice for just about everything.

Paulette

Thanks Paulette.

Allan

Or as they say over this side of the pond.  "Don't panic Mr Mainwaring."

ITMA

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, KitJames said:

Recently I had my first rejected submission, due to softness and noise while other submissions in the past passed just fine. Somehow I still received an email of something passing QC so I'm not sure how or what happened, and not even sure what it's referring to. Has anyone had this before? Was it sent in error?

I had the same, received a Passed Email but two pictures that should NOT have been rejected were marked as too soft and indistinct. I've emailed QC to alert them about the email and for a second look at the pictures in question.

• Like 1

Ditto - some weeks back received a "QC passed" e-mail only to find the submission had failed. 

I assumed the e-mail was an admin error. I've since re-submitted photographs from the submission (not the one highlighted as soft) and passed QC.

Clearly a mistake has been made (we all make them!) either in the e-mail or in the assessment on Image Manager. I've assumed it more likely that the person assessing images makes an instant decision as they view the image, so more likely to be the intended outcome, whereas the e-mail is probably sent a little later - so possibly more scope for hitting the wrong button. Only guessing though!

It's easy to be discouraged by a failed submission. Whilst there are some times grounds to question, I find the best answer is to put it in the past and make small submissions of your technically best work, gradually increasing submission size. This way you get to know the QC boundaries, while slowly but surely building up your content.

Roy

Edited by Roy Q
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Roy Q said:

Ditto - some weeks back received a "QC passed" e-mail only to find the submission had failed. 

Did you get a subsequent email confirming the failed image reference and failure reason?

5 minutes ago, Steve F said:

Did you get a subsequent email confirming the failed image reference and failure reason?

Nope! 

Just one image though, not really worth dwelling on.

Roy

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Roy Q said:

It's easy to be discouraged by a failed submission. Whilst there are some times grounds to question, I find the best answer is to put it in the past and make small submissions of your technically best work, gradually increasing submission size. This way you get to know the QC boundaries, while slowly but surely building up your content.

Roy

A strategy that has worked for many.

Good luck Roy

It's very strange but I won't let it bother me, since I'm already aware what was wrong with the picture and definitely will continue to find and submit my best ones over time. It's only been that one image that was rejected so far, so I think I'm doing alright.