December 2023 Favourite Uploads

gvallee

Just now, Sally Robertson said:

Love the turquoise water here Gen and the airborne action! It's like each of our images has the water as a different shade with the kite surfing happening in all these different parts of the world. The Cook Islands is yet another place I'd love to visit! It's interesting how we have to adapt our photography to light that really is different in different locations.

Unfortunately for us Sally, Australia is a very small market. Steve has a lead on us 🙃 Oh well, he'll buy lunch 🙃

• Love 2

Urban sunset over Cherry Willingham, Lincolnshire, England, UK

urban-sunset-over-cherry-willingham-linc

Setting sun highlighting Silver Birch tree against grey sky, Lincolnshire, England, UK

setting-sun-highlighting-silver-birch-tr

Railway tracks disappearing into sunset, Cherry Willingham, Lincolnshire, England, UK

railway-tracks-disappearing-into-sunset-

An excerpt from the Magna Carta on black box in Castle Hill, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

an-excerpt-from-the-magna-carta-on-black

Allan

• Love 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, gvallee said:

OK then, let's join the competition 😃 This was taken in Cook Islands, Polynesia. I have the blue sky and turquoise water but unfortunately, this image never licensed. The first of us who has a sale buys a lunch. Sorry Steve but you might have to come to Australia. Just might. Not saying we Aussies will win😁

W2TXG9.jpg

Ok, no worries mate 🙂. I do have home advantage but you two have the turquoise seas and blue skies. If either of you  should win you’ll find I’m easily pleased. A Big Mac meal (go large) will be good enough for me. You can take the cost of that into consideration when you’re buying your flights 😎

Edited by Steve Hyde
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Last few for this year.

Display of ladies lingerie in Ann Summers shop window, High street, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

display-of-ladies-lingerie-in-ann-summer

Illuminated Gingerbread Man in Castle grounds, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

illuminated-gingerbread-man-in-castle-gr

Small home-made Christmas cake

small-home-made-christmas-cake-2W9JPE8.j

Large white illuminated Christmas tree bauble, Lincoln castle, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

large-white-illuminated-christmas-tree-b

Setting up childrens fun fair in castle grounds, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

setting-up-childrens-fun-fair-in-castle-

illuminated Christmas tree, High Street, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

illuminated-christmas-tree-high-street-l

Allan

• Love 2

I'm slowly sifting through images that I didn't get around to processing in 2023. Here are three that I like.

Steveston harbour, British Columbia, Canada

high-key-image-of-sunlight-glistening-on

Autumn rose, Vancouver, Canada

closeup-of-a-red-rose-blooming-in-octobe

Blue birdhouse

wooden-fenceslanting-roof-of-a-building-

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 1

On 30/12/2023 at 21:19, Alexander Hogg said:

Welcome anytime Really like the Aussies Always had a great time there on every trip  

Thank you Alexander! Same to you. I've always wanted to visit Scotland and have some Scottish ancestry. My brother lived in Edinburgh for about 6 months many years ago and loved it there. In my 20s I had hoped to maybe do a working holiday there but it never happened. I'd loved to see some of the wild places such as the inner and outer Hebrides, Orkneys and Shetlands. My Scottish ancestors emigrated from the Isle of Skye to Australia because of a famine there at the time.

• Like 1