Sales to Belgium

Has anyone else had sales to Belgium showing up this morning for $0.20?  Details say that the business contract with Alamy allows the buyer to have 750 images a month at $0.20 per image. How sad that our work is so undervalued yet again. 

Usage: Internal business usage, Alamy Access - RF Images - 750 downloads per month - €1705 per year - € 0.19 per asset
Media: Internal poster/décor (1 use only)
57 MB
5472 x 3648 pixels 
1 MB compressed
Start: 10 August 2023
Duration: In perpetuity
$ 0.20
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ROC said:

Has anyone else had sales to Belgium showing up this morning for $0.20?  Details say that the business contract with Alamy allows the buyer to have 750 images a month at $0.20 per image. How sad that our work is so undervalued yet again. 

Usage: Internal business usage, Alamy Access - RF Images - 750 downloads per month - €1705 per year - € 0.19 per asset
57 MB
5472 x 3648 pixels 
1 MB compressed
$ 0.20

WHAT?

Allan

I have been thinking about the low value sales and think that any sale below say $10 is split 50/50 regardless of existing contract and should be part of a new contract.

It would go some small way to helping the little guy.

ITMA

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

WHAT?

Allan

I have been thinking about the low value sales and think that any sale below say $10 is split 50/50 regardless of existing contract and should be part of a new contract.

It would go some small way to helping the little guy.

ITMA

Totally agree with you Alan

Does this only apply to RF images? I live in Belgium & so of course, my photos are orientated towards Belgium. If the future is sales of $0.20 with then commission & costs being taken from that too, I see no point in continuing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cor Blimey said:

Does this only apply to RF images? I live in Belgium & so of course, my photos are orientated towards Belgium. If the future is sales of $0.20 with then commission & costs being taken from that too, I see no point in continuing.

It does not cover every sale to Belgium. It is one specifc deal to a volume user based in Belgium. 

13 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

It does not cover every sale to Belgium. It is one specifc deal to a volume user based in Belgium. 

Hi, yes I understand that it is not specific to all sales in Belgium. In April I edited in which countries my images appear for sale in the hope to minimize the chances of these minuscule sale prices. I did not opt out of Belgium. Hence my question.

40 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

I've only ever had 2 sales via a distributor in Belgium, they were for around 5 or 6 $.

On 11/08/2023 at 07:27, ROC said:

57 MB
5472 x 3648 pixels 
1 MB compressed
$ 0.20

I had one of these $0.20 licences the other day. Not impressed but what can we do? I hope there won't be too many of these going forward. My sales are up this year but revenue is, sadly, well below last year's. 

this shows desperation. A nice little earner for Alamy, emphasis on the little  but of no use at all to the contributors. Are we in this together? Doesn't look like it. Best things about Belgium, are: fabulous beaches, good beer, good chips & moules, great chocolate if that's your thing, and they hold their own against the French. Like the place, but last time I spent a night there in my campervan there were a lot of mosquitoes after my blood

Edited by Robert M Estall

2 hours ago, Robert M Estall said:

this shows desperation. A nice little earner for Alamy, emphasis on the little  but of no use at all to the contributors. Are we in this together? Doesn't look like it. Best things about Belgium, are: fabulous beaches, good beer, good chips & moules, great chocolate if that's your thing, and they hold their own against the French. Like the place, but last time I spent a night there in my campervan there were a lot of mosquitoes after my blood

Even Gérard Depardieu emigrated from France to Belgium. It's got to be good!

• Like 1

On 13/08/2023 at 01:14, gvallee said:

Even Gérard Depardieu emigrated from France to Belgium. It's got to be good!

Yes, loved him as an actor but then he went on to 'choose' Russia to live in.