Photoshop's Generative Fill AI

In beta.

There are more features in her other new YT videos, check those out as well.

Rats, I can't embed the vid, so go to SharkPixel's channel.

• Love 1

The plus point of the new Photoshop generative AI feature is that the owners of the source material will be paid and also no copyright problems. It's absolutely the right way for a company to go with this .. I really hope Alamy are taking note!

Currenty the Photoshop Beta is free to trial but once it is fully released into Photoshop the user will be given a certain amount of 'credits' within their plan to use. Above and beyond that there will be a small cost for using AI material.

I've been trying the release today and it's extreamly impressive (albeit a bit clunky sometimes .. but it is just beta) .. It's probably the most significant advance in photoshop yet.

An example I tried using Generative AI in the Photoshop (Beta). It really is a ghost ship, because it wasn't there! You'll see from the contextual bar it gives you a choice of 3 versions. Fake News!

To quote Dad's Army...we're doomed!

Screenshot-2023-05-23-at-21-55-17.png

19 minutes ago, StokeCreative said:

An example I tried using Generative AI in the Photoshop (Beta). It really is a ghost ship, because it wasn't there! You'll see from the contextual bar it gives you a choice of 3 versions. Fake News!

To quote Dad's Army...we're doomed!

Screenshot-2023-05-23-at-21-55-17.png

The ship's existence would have affected the wave - it would not be as it is shown.

Edited by geogphotos

10 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

The ship's existence would have affected the wave - it would not be as it is shown.

Indeed, but it was a quick experiment. It does however generate logical shadows/reflections.

Quite an eye-opening video. I thought Jesus was supposed to be coming back with good news. 😉

On the plus side, all this could generate new career options for former stock photographers who are skilled at identifying fake AI images.

Whew! The Pentagon is fine. What a relief!

Edited by John Mitchell

Can't think that I will be using this.

We need some clear guidelines on what is and isn't acceptable for editorial images. Probably 'don't use AI' is the best working stance.

Edited by geogphotos

1 hour ago, geogphotos said:

Can't think that I will be using this.

We need some clear guidelines on what is and isn't acceptable for editorial images. Probably 'don't use AI' is the best working stance.

I don't have a Photoshop subscription, so either will I. Anyway, I have zero interest.

No doubt other processing software companies (e.g. Affinity Photo, Capture One, etc.) will be following suit.