Check for novel use if opted out

I recently had two novel use sales (EU TV license which normally is a fairly decent amount) sold for a pittance. Since I have been opted out of novel uses since I started with Alamy, this did not seem right. Alamy confirmed today that the licenses would be corrected (they said today but hasn't happened so far), so if you are in the same boat, check your recent licenses.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Sally said:

I recently had two novel use sales (EU TV license which normally is a fairly decent amount) sold for a pittance. Since I have been opted out of novel uses since I started with Alamy, this did not seem right. Alamy confirmed today that the licenses would be corrected (they said today but hasn't happened so far), so if you are in the same boat, check your recent licenses.

Done that with same reply. One image only.

Allan

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, DerekVallintine said:

Can someone direct me to the link in the contract to see if I am in  Novel Use? 

Thanks

Go to your Dashboard and Additional Revenue Options.

Paulette

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/04/2023 at 10:41, Allan Bell said:

Alamy have corrected the error.

Allan

All they did was the change license details taking out the reference to novel use. I think this is outrageous as a normal TV use sale would not be the same price as a novel use license (the last one I had was $150). I’ve complained but after nearly 4 weeks haven’t heard back. Technically I could perhaps argue that Alamy broke the terms of my contract with them originally selling for novel use when I’ve been opted out since I started in 2017. I rarely complain about Alamy but this makes me cross.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sally said:

TV use sale would not be the same price as a novel use license (the last one I had was $150)

My last was to Japanese TV, same image sold 3 times for $6.23...

Does seem cheeky just changing the license terms, but not the fee....

• Like 1