What Sells and Why?

On 09/04/2023 at 16:53, NYCat said:

I fought the red arrows years and years ago when I thought they were driving people away. I spoke to James about it in person when Alamy was here in NYC and he wanted to continue them as an option.

When the arrows were introduced I said on this forum that I thought they were childish, had no place in a professional forum, and I would never use them. I've stayed true to my word and have never given an arrow of any colour to anyone, and never will. If I disagree with something I will say so in a comment.

Alan

• Like 2

I've had a look at the last three page of sales. I'm glad I did - the results are quite interesting (to me at least, and surprising)

Studio shots: 23 (including stamps, coins, dead insects in amber, books, a lottery ticket...)
Statues: 7

London views: 13

European travel: 8 

Stained glass windows: 2

King Charles: 13

Queen Elizabeth: 1

Politicians: 13

Other people: 18

I've been concentrating on studio stuff for the last few days - hopefully it will pay off. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Phil Robinson said:

I've had a look at the last three page of sales. I'm glad I did - the results are quite interesting (to me at least, and surprising)

Studio shots: 23 (including stamps, coins, dead insects in amber, books, a lottery ticket...)
Statues: 7

London views: 13

European travel: 8 

Stained glass windows: 2

King Charles: 13

Queen Elizabeth: 1

Politicians: 13

Other people: 18

I've been concentrating on studio stuff for the last few days - hopefully it will pay off. 

The weather forecast is miserable for the next several days, time to warp out the tripod and do some table top and other interior shooting. 

Problem is it's harder than it looks. I find myself taking some shots, then, after looking at the results in LR, starting again. I generally forget to switch from auto ISO to a sensible low value before starting interior work, must have done that umpteen times ! All part of the fun. 

• Like 1