I would like to comment on the amount of time off QC are taking for their Christmas Holiday . But the fact that I would like to get a few pictures past them next year prevents me from doing so. Sooooo I would like to wish them a very well deserved break and a very merry Christmas and a happy new year. They must have very large batteries.

QC this Christmas

Permalink12 December 2013 at 09:47 by Alamy QC team
Posted under Boring but necessary announcements

BA08NA.jpg
© Design Pics Inc. / Alamy
We're taking some time out to recharge our batteries over the holidays, so QC will take longer than usual between 21st December and 9th January.

Turnaround time will be back to normal by Monday 13th January.

Have a good one!

I had a few disagreements with QC this year (OK, you were right most of the time). Now that the end of 2013 is nigh, I would like to let bygones be bygones and extend a hand of reconciliation. Also, I would like to wish all the hard-working and dedicated Alamy elves who toil behind the scenes (for our technical betterment) a happy, well-earned holiday break.

P.S. As you can see, I put on a little weight during those "up to 28 working days" hibernation periods.

DN5CBB.jpg

I'm sure it's been covered before but I can't remember . . . what does it mean when "Google (1)" are showing as one of the users reading this topic?

Oh, and merry christmas to all reading this . . . including google(1) I guess . . .

dd

I'm sure it's been covered before but I can't remember . . . what does it mean when "Google (1)" are showing as one of the users reading this topic?

Oh, and merry christmas to all reading this . . . including google(1) I guess . . .

dd

Yeah..... Merry Christmas one and all.....

Google 1 is a "Bot" a programme that skims the net indexing web pages for the Google search engine...... they are always watching you  :ph34r:

I know they deserve a break (don't we all) but it's really inconvenient for me. I'll be in a very remote area and without internet for a month starting from just before they get back...and I've been working flat out getting images processed, hoping to upload (and hopefully pass QC) before I leave. Not any more, the images will just sit in manage images until mid Feb....assuming they pass of course.

Anyway, all in QC, have a great Christmas and enjoy the break.

Archived